Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Scharnhorstbund

Article about: A pair of Scharnhorstbund buckles which I hope may be of some interest. The "narrow wreath" variety and separately displaying a "fire gilt" and a "silver wash"

?

Default Re: Scharnhorstbund

Hello everybody,
    I do love the enamel roundels, and here's mine. Very difficult to find these without major damage, but Bill did show a first-rate example earlier in this thread. The other one is unusual only insofar as the box is RZM marked. Obviously the manufacturer's mistake.
    Rgds, Karl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scharnhorstbund   Scharnhorstbund  

Scharnhorstbund   Scharnhorstbund  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scharnhorstbund
    P
    Many

Karl, any chance of pics of the makers mark on the second buckle please?
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Karl, any chance of pics of the makers mark on the second buckle please?
    Ben, I've tried my best in the attached but the marking doesn't photograph well. It's a RZM 36 anyway.
    Rgds, Karl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scharnhorstbund  

Default Scharnhorstbund

Karl

Perhaps I may chip in ?

The ubiquitous B u N mark.

Regards,

David

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    Ben, I've tried my best in the attached but the marking doesn't photograph well. It's a RZM 36 anyway.
    Rgds, Karl
    Very nice Karl and many thanks
    Ben

Es ist Eisen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scharnhorstbund   Scharnhorstbund  

Quote by koppel71 View Post
    Es ist Eisen.
    This is steel/iron
    Ben

koppel71

Eisen ???

Perhaps Neusilber or Altsilber ? Perhaps Stahl Gespritz or Stahl Vernickelt ?

Super buckle !

Regards,

David

Great thread! It sure deserves a bump for those who missed it.
    I will try to add a Scharnhorstbund to my collection when I have the chance.

?

Hi,
    I may be wrong but are these buckles with RZM markings those worn by members of Scharnhorstbund after they had been integrated into SA and HJ ?

Reichszeugmeisterei in Munich only equipped NS formations beginning in 1928 so I think these buckles had been produced after the Stahlhelm had been integrated into the NS formations.

I know that former members has been allowed to wear their old insignias and uniforms in the hj and SA.

The question is if the adult leaders of Scharnhorstbund youth groups wore Stahlhelm- equipment as "Scharnhorst" was the youth organisation of Stahlhelm for children up to 14 years or if they used also Scharnhorst buckles...

The pretty expensive looking buckles with enamel roundels seem to support this idea but we can not proove it because unfortunately you do not find very much informations about this unit

Pictures show nearly any shape of buckles in wear

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3