Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

Article about: David, What a great grouping of Stahlhelmbund buckles. I love the different helment shapes. Can't come close to topping yours but will post mine as time permits but soon. Regards, Bill

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund

Now I understand why I'm having such a hard time finding more examples for my collection: You guys have them all!
    hahahaha
    Here are some of mine!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Attached Images Attached Images Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Attached Images Attached Images Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm 

more....

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Another....

I do have more....but they are saved on the other computer - will get to them in a bit.
    Interesting what you said about post-45 buckles. What do you guys think of this one? I've always thought it wasn't pre-45 construction.
    Could this trouser buckle be one of these later buckles?
    Cheers!

Rob

Here's another I forgot to post....

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

David,Rob, et al

Some really terrific and very rare buckles in this thread. Thanks for showing them. David, Yes I agree to a point on the Stahlhelm post 1945 buckles. They are certainly not fake in the tradional sense if they were in fact used by a post war group of ex WW II vets.or organization members. But are we sure they are not being reproduced now? How does one tell the difference between the post war, prewar and new production buckles if in fact they are being made now. That was why I stated I only feel good about the welded catch and prong bar buckle.

Bill

Thankyou to everybody who has contributed here, with the result that we now have a remarkable and important Stahlhelmbund thread. A great reference point, however we now have the "Spectre at the Feast".

Are all the buckles shown, definitely pre 1945 by their origin ?

I just do not know and actually, the only buckle on the thread (apart from that rather silly aluminium example of mine showing a swastika on the helmet) that I am definite has been produced post 1945, is the classic green painted steel variety and where the over size eagle is clutching a shield which displays the helmet.

The next question is were they produced to supply post 1945 Stahlhelmbund members or to supply the collecting market ? If I had to commit myself, then I would say that these buckles were made to deceive. Technically not a fake, however post 1945 manufactured and aimed at collectors who would buy assuming that they were "period".

I even think that there is one particular Front Heil buckle that was legitimately made post 1945, with however the roundel design now being hijacked by those intent on faking and trying to deceive.

I think that the trouser buckle that Rob has shown is very interesting. I recognise the oval badge (appearing in Catella, Angolia and Bandau to name three publications), however I do not recognise the buckle locking device. Not my area of collecting and perhaps someone else may comment.

Here is a Stahlhelmbund buckle that I have and which has the same oval emblem as Rob's. My buckle is without a doubt slightly suspect, although the striated back to the buckle provides myself with a very high degree of assurance and comfort.

So - is my buckle pre 1945 and is Rob's post 1945, although with exactly the same oval emblems being employed. Perhaps both are pre 1945 or perhaps both are post 1945 in their origin ?

Very difficult to ascertain and a topic that has puzzled me for some years now. Great to see that the matter is now being openly discussed.

Regards,

David

David, Rob, et al,

I think that both buckles are pre-1945. David, the striations on the back of your buckle I believe authenticates it. As to Rob's I have seen this type of catch before and think it is also correct. With that said there is still no definitive method for determining the provenance of the stahlhelms w/the large eagle. I still would stay away from the footed catch versions but that is really not fair to the good ones out there. Any other suggestions as to what to look for? An interesting thread.

Bill

Those certainly are the same ovals. No doubt about it.
    Rob

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast