Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

Article about: David, What a great grouping of Stahlhelmbund buckles. I love the different helment shapes. Can't come close to topping yours but will post mine as time permits but soon. Regards, Bill

?

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund

Hello everybody,

Super thread, here are two more of mine.

Best rgds,
    Karl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  
    Attached Images Attached Images Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm
    P
    Many

- let me know, if you don't need them anymore

Karl

A super brace of buckles and as you know, I do so covert the Stahlhelmbund "Front Heil" with the Latin script motto.

I am floundering a tad with Bill and others about the post 1945 manufactured buckles. Both you and I know personally the "authority" in question and perhaps you could shed some light ?

Regards,

David

Great buckles and the top one with the straight lettering is one I have searched for for a long time. Where did you get it if you don't mind my asking.

Bill

?

David/Bill

Thank you for your kind words. David, I see you now have the "other" known Landsturm buckle, and I'm very glad you got it!

Bill, the Latin script buckle was one of the first ones I ever bought at the beginning of the 80ies. It came from a German mail order dealer, there was no photograph on the list, and in my inexperience I nearly returned it because of the style of lettering (!). Glad I kept it

I have nothing useful to add on the question of post-war production, but the idea seems plausible enough. If we're thinking of the same "authority", he should know from his own studies in the Stahlhelm archive.

BTW, I just bought the brass with silver Landsturm cross originally from Marc's collection. It's beautiful in hand so I wonder why no-one plumped for it on the Weitze site. Will post that one as well once I get round to taking pictures.

Best wishes,
    Karl

Karl,
    Is the Landsturm buckle the one with the cross; crown and 1914 date that was a 45 mm box? If so I bought the 90 mm one with the belt. A very nice and rare buckle. I have to say that Weitze's prices are sky high. I don't know if Marc sold them or they are on consignment but in either case the prices in Euro are out of sight.

Bill

Karl and Bill

Indeed Karl and like yourself, I now hold an example of the extremely rare 1924 Landsturm buckle. Bill, this is the green painted steel buckle depicted within post 25 and 41.

I think Karl that the Weitze Landsturm buckle that you refer to is a 35mm example. If so, then I had the privilege of examining it at Kassel a few months ago. It is indeed a truly beautiful buckle and actually, I showed no interest due to the 35mm configuration. On an eerily reciprocal note, I am very very glad that you got it.

Regards,

David

?

Hello A few additions to a great thread. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

?

?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast