Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swastika on Helmet "Stahlhelmbund"

Article about: by Carlos Daniel Ramos fake III reich fantasy No, it's 4th Reich. Really poor work.

Default Swastika on Helmet "Stahlhelmbund"

What are your thoughts on this one chaps?

Although dignified in at least two respected publications, I feel that it is a fake, or rather should I say, a pure fantasy item from the 1960's or 1970's.

Consider the in theory period of issue and wear. Die stamped aluminium and in multiple parts ? I think not.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika on Helmet "Stahlhelmbund"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Swastika on Helmet "Stahlhelmbund"

It certainly does not look very convincing David.
    Ben

Carlos Daniel Ramos
    ?

fake III reich fantasy

This buckle was (of course) posted on a "devils advocate" principle and to hopefully, stimulate or draw a discussion in connection with perhaps (a) fake Stahlhelmbund buckles, (b) aluminium constructions and (c), fakes and fantasy items from the 1960's and 1970's.

Quite unbelievable that in the absence of any worthwhile dialogue, a forum member has so kindly provided a discussion link to a rival forum. Quite unbelievable.

Regards,

David

My apologies!

Here's a question David....I don't believe I've ever seen two piece Stahlhelmbund buckles where the roundel was attached with the four pins. Do you have any recollection of seeing authentic Stahlhelm buckles made in this manner. I don't but my experience with these types of buckles is more limited.

Cheers!

Rob

If they has used the figure as it appears on the verwundetenabzeichen fur deutsche Freiwillige im spanischen Freiheitkampf...they would have had better chances ....to me!! Thise helmet doen't look like a M16!!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quite possibly one of Tony Oliver's concoctions. He was quite prolific in the 60's and 70's although as most know, he marked his SS buckle with his telephone number

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of his. Thanks for putting it up for discussion David. It certainly looks the part

I think the "style" of helmet used is correct for these Stahlhelmbund buckles. It's a known variant (and there are lots of variants). What makes me think it's a fantasy item is the swastika as well as the construction.
    Here's one of my examples with a similar type of helmet on it....and it's an authentic piece...

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika on Helmet &quot;Stahlhelmbund&quot;   Swastika on Helmet &quot;Stahlhelmbund&quot;  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast