Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

VDA und CVJM

Article about: Bill, David the shown three solder points scout buckle is post war, I must admit. Sorry, I didn't point that out, but I still like it. And it is not a fake, but just post war production. I f

Default Re: VDA und CVJM

more scouts :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VDA und CVJM
    P
    Many

Hello
    and again, a very attractive selection.
    Pity, missed the opportunity to get VDA.
    Having, Pfadfinderbund variation ( btw, 3 dots for roundel ? ) is already into this thread.
    Here is the only one I have.

Alex.

PS: mine is closer to Boy Scouts of course.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

Here's my one and only Scout buckle - but I like it as the one pictured in Angolia's book Sorry - forget the page - but it's the same exact buckle - you can see it mostly from the back pic and I got this one from Mr. Angolia himself. Nice to have this one "referenced"

Cheers!

Rob

PS.....WOW Norton: awesome selection of buckles shown....I'm blown away!

Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    PS.....WOW Norton: awesome selection of buckles shown....I'm blown away!

Rob
    - thanks Rob !

Guys just food for thought, I have never really collected non combat buckles so my knowledge is limited, if someone had shown me this buckle I would have said post war/fake due to the three solder points in a line. Are these buckles post war pre war or any other thoughts on this? Here are some examples from the rouges gallery
    Attached Images Attached Images VDA und CVJM  VDA und CVJM  VDA und CVJM  VDA und CVJM  VDA und CVJM  VDA und CVJM 
    Ben

Interesting question on the three solder points. I have always considered this as a sign of a repro. buckle. However with that said some one obviously copied a buckle at the start and used the three solder point attachment method based on what he was copying from. I would never immediately dismiss a three solder point buckle as being fake, but given the obvious ones-two of which are shown in this thread, it is difficult not to dismiss them immediatly. The Stalhelm as well as the two piece brass Reichscheer Naval buckle are prime examples of fakes. as is the Reichsbanner shown here. Which brings up a second point. Has anyone ever seen a genuine Reichsbanner buckle? I have not.
    Would be interesting to hear some more on this from other members- David? Ben?

Bill

Dear Bill Hello
    of course, I also heard about 3 the three solder points and keep it in mind.
    They had to get a "prototype" to copy it, Why not ?
    But if we start to judge the pieces according this idea it will be wrong way and we can find out/ already found a lot a very interesting pieces are around. IMHO.
    Here are a few Reichsbanner Buckles I'm comfortable with, again according to only my own opinion.

Alex.

VDA und CVJM  

Perhaps Ben and I need to review and isolate or pocket, some of the great buckles displayed in this quite FANTASTIC thread. There are here youth and religious buckles that I for one, have never seen before. Quite remarkable and chaps, please keep them coming !

Two immediate points in my Neanderthal way:-

1- I have never seen a vertical triple soldered point reverse to a buckle which is original and which is odd, due to the skill, acumen and expertise which Thomas has.

2 - I have never as yet seen a "Jungsturm" buckle that I am even vaguely comfortable with. Not my field of collecting though.

Regards,

David

Bill

Like I stated earlier, these buckles are a minefield for me, alot of these I have only ever seen in books and I have only ever had SA buckles for myself when I did collect all buckles before I concentrated on Heer. I am only going by what I have been taught in the past and years of collecting buckles and reading 1000,s of threads and opinions, so some three solder point jointed in fact COULD be original. For my own personal opinion I will class them a s fake until evidence is produced otherwise. I also echo Davids remarks, some of the members of this forum have some fantastic and super rare buckles, please chaps keep posting
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast