Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please

Article about: Hey, guys. My buddy just showed me this buckle he might want to make a go for. I am really not sure about it and would value your opinions. It is apparently advertised as a brass Kriegsmarin

Default Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please

Hey, guys. My buddy just showed me this buckle he might want to make a go for. I am really not sure about it and would value your opinions. It is apparently advertised as a brass Kriegsmarine. These are not really my thing thus far and the only other original brass ones I have seen are one-piece examples. I have combed through the rogues gallery and the closest thing I could find is a buckle that Ben posted on P. 8, #72. From the reverse, this buckle appears to me fairly convincing as does it's overall aged appearance. Perhaps original or yet another for the rogues gallery...

Any thoughts and help on this one would be great!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please   Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please  

Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Brass Kriegsmarine Buckle: Opinions Please

Adam, the roundel is a fake mate, does it have three solder points to the rear? It looks like he has tried to mast the centre solder point? But whatever a fake for me
    Ben

Hey, Ben. We only have the one photo of the reverse to go by. At first glance it appeared to me to only have 2 solder points and which is why I was somewhat bullish on the looks of the reverse. Upon a second glance now, I believe you might be right as the middle space between the 2 solder points looks a little fishy as though there is a 3rd point which is obscured. This combined with what you have confirmed about the roundel makes me think that the entire thing is bad and indeed belongs in the rogue gallery.

Thanks,
    Adam

Good one mate, it really does belong in the rouges gallery, it is a heap of Sh%~te !
    Ben

Can't agree more with Ben.....she's a "baddy"....

Cheers!

Rob