MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?

Article about: Hi guys, I've not been about in ages, new baby has stopped collecting for a bit. Baby Kirstie is now 3 weeks old so she's the main focus of life at the moment. However, just picked up a nice

Default Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?

Hi guys,

I've not been about in ages, new baby has stopped collecting for a bit. Baby Kirstie is now 3 weeks old so she's the main focus of life at the moment.

However, just picked up a nice KM stamped belt. Eagle over M which is my first KM stamped belt. The date is also marked as 8/40. I've never seen a belt stamped with month and year, is this common?

The belt came with what I believe is a fake buckle, or is it? I've seen plenty of the R.S&S alloy buckles but did they make unmarked steel KM's? The Eagle on the buckle looks good to me, but I find it hard to id these... Is it a real buckle that's been made golden or ?????

I paid what I was happy to pay for the belt alone, so no worries about buckle...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?   Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?  

Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?   Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle over M stamped belt, also fake buckle?
    P
    Many

Congratulations for your baby Lenny
    The belt and buckle (Assmann) are both good, I don't know which means the 8/40 marking
    Best regards
    Iván

Thanks Ivan, really chuffed and besotted with new baby, that makes 3 daughters... :O

So you reckon buckle is ok, but gold has been added? I thought it was only CTD and Dransfeld that made steel KM's?

A lot of makers made gilded KM steel buckles: CTD, Dransfeld, Dr. Franke, E.Schneider, Overhoff...
    Best regards
    Iván

It all looks good love the KM belt hard to find congratulations all the way around. timothy

I like 'em!...

A very nice set Lenny, and hard to get hold of. It would be nice to think that they were issued as a set
    Ben

I'm really chuffed now. I had thought the buckle had been repainted or gilded. The dealer said it came from a house clearance not a collector, and it was dirty so he cleaned it, only stopping when he clocked the eagle over M and worked out buckle was gold. Apparenty the buckle looked dirty yellow when he got it... aargh, wish folk wouldn't clean things.

Of course dealers can say anything, but the price was good and even if buckle was wrong then I would have been happy....