Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake two-piece KM buckle?

Article about: I've seen this buckle on offer recently, and I believe it's fake but I'd like to confirm, because I haven't seen many to compare. Sorry if this is a waste of everyone's time! If it is indeed

?

Default Fake two-piece KM buckle?

I've seen this buckle on offer recently, and I believe it's fake but I'd like to confirm, because I haven't seen many to compare. Sorry if this is a waste of everyone's time! If it is indeed fake, I'll post it in the fakes section of this subforum. Apologies for not having a reverse picture.

Fake two-piece KM buckle?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake two-piece KM buckle?
    P
    Many

To be honest I would need pics of the rear to make comment on this one
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    To be honest I would need pics of the rear to make comment on this one
    Ok, thanks, Ben! I will ask the seller for a photo of the rear. I would have done that already, but I thought the front would be enough to condemn it. They made these with the roundel being a different composition, then? I have a lot to learn about buckles.

?

Ok, I got the photos! I hope these can help answer the question of authenticity. It isn't two piece after all! If original, what would account for the different color on the roundel?

Fake two-piece KM buckle?Fake two-piece KM buckle?Fake two-piece KM buckle?

Thank you again for helping with this!

Iam probably wrong but I like it.

No Harry, you are quite correct, the buckle is an original KM buckle by Christian Theodore Dicke, Ludenscheid. These are a very desirable buckle and hard to get hold of. I dont recall ever seening these with a tab so for me that has been added at some point, but a very nice buckle
    Ben

Interesting buckle!...

?

Thanks Harry and Ben! I will snap up this buckle.

?

Collectors guild has one of these in a little better condition for $655. That is a little more than I would be willing to pay. In mint condition this would be a $1000+ buckle.

I haven't seen one of these with a tab so if it is a CTD marked tab with the KM eagle M mark it will add a lot of value to the buckle.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Collectors guild has one of these in a little better condition for $655. That is a little more than I would be willing to pay. In mint condition this would be a $1000+ buckle.

I haven't seen one of these with a tab so if it is a CTD marked tab with the KM eagle M mark it will add a lot of value to the buckle.
    Unfortunately, the tab is not marked for CTD, but BrĂ¼der Schneider. I bought the belt and buckle for $50, so I was very pleased in any event. The belt is KM marked, but there is no hook on it and it appears to have been cut down in the field for some reason.