Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold KM By Overhoff

Article about: I have spoken with other advanced collectors who indeed have a Overhoff gold KM in their collection, I have also Emailed Marc Ver to ask his opinion and also tio have a look in the Overhoff

Default Gold KM By Overhoff

Guys, just a quick question and maybe aimed at the more experienced collectors, has anyone ever seen a gold KM buckle made by Overhoff? All will be revealled later!
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold KM By Overhoff
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gold KM By Overhoff

The next question Ben is - has anyone ever seen a "gold" KM buckle by B u N ?

An interesting question !!!

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-15-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Well David, it does not answer my question but raises another one, I am intrigued now, have you seen one somewhere?
    Ben

Ben

You know that this buckle group per se is not my forte, however I could not help but notice it whilst browsing for SA's. I have never seen a KM buckle like this before and which is now being advertised for sale on a very highly respected Canadian site which is well known to Rob.

Regards,

David

Reverse

Apologies to all. I earlier referred this buckle to Ben as Gustav Brehmer. Berg und Nolte of course.

Nice buckle David and quite hard to get hold of, the gold Berge & Nolte are few and far between, alot of guys thought these were actually fakes for a while, if they are most Berge & Nolte Heer buckles are also, I will add a couple of examples for comparison
    Ben

A couple of examples by this maker, look at the prongs, they actually look like the fake "OLT" prongs but are quite normal for this maker
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff 
    Ben

And here is a 43 dated example
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff 
    Ben

Hey Guys! Yes...I've seen the buckle on that site as well....Paul is a very well respected dealer and one of the best and nicest to work with in my books. That said - I too have not seen a KM buckle by either Overhoff or B&N.
    The Berg and Nolte example does look like a legit buckle. I wonder if it might have been "golden" later in life??? It looks to be "flaking" off the chest feathers. That said - it very well could be a legit example - I just don't know for sure.
    I would not purchase it - for the simple reason that I am not 100% comfortable with it....again: doesn't mean I'm right...I just would rather go with buckles that I'm familiar with.

Cheers!

Rob

PS....Ben: got any pics for us??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast