Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gold KM By Overhoff

Article about: I have spoken with other advanced collectors who indeed have a Overhoff gold KM in their collection, I have also Emailed Marc Ver to ask his opinion and also tio have a look in the Overhoff

Default Re: Gold KM By Overhoff

I have spoken with other advanced collectors who indeed have a Overhoff gold KM in their collection, I have also Emailed Marc Ver to ask his opinion and also tio have a look in the Overhoff catalogue for any reference of a gold KM buckle in there. There is currently one for sale on a Guild site which has a NOWA tab attached to it, now the tab does not belong to the buckle but the buckle is one of the late war Overhoff steel buckles but gold. To be honest I was amazed as it is the first time I have ever seen one and to be honest got suspicious straight away. But if you look at the circumstances around it then if that is fake then so are all of the late war Overhoff buckles that are around so I would err on the principle that there is a gold KM buckle by Overhoff for now. I am hoping that there is an example of one in the Overhoff catalogue, watch this space!!!!!
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold KM By Overhoff
    P
    Many

For guys that have never seen a Heer buckle by Overhoff here are two examples, the first is a 1940 dated steel buckle with tab, the second a silver late war buckle, note two things about these buckles for reference, the shape of the eagles head with the crest or "bump" on the back of the eagle, quite distinct and a one off to this maker, secondly look at the ears on the silver late war model, they are so much like the late war SS buckles it makes me laugh
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff 
    Ben

Late war silver buckle
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff 
    Ben

In question to the Berge & Nolte I have my own questiions on them myself. I have seen gold ones as the one pictured, I have also seen several that have been painted over but are gold/brass underneath, so are these indeed KM buckles by design or was there a batch of buckles made of brass? To me there is no doubt that they are period Berge & Nolte buckles, I have seen 41 and 42 dated buckles with tabs on, to me the question is as posed, were they destined to be KM or something else? I would love to know for sure. Just for reference I have enclosed a tabbed Berge & Nolte
    Attached Images Attached Images Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff  Gold KM By Overhoff 
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2