Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine

Article about: Can I use this Kriegsmarine blue steel buckle for a coast artillery (gray-green) uniform? thanks

Default Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine

Can I use this Kriegsmarine blue steel buckle for a coast artillery (gray-green) uniform? thanks

Kastenschloss stahl KriegsmarineKastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine
    Last edited by Thodoras; 10-03-2017 at 08:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Don't see why not. Not necessarily a Kriegsmarine buckle. Some claim these were never issued, some say they were navy, others claim late war painted blue-gray like so many late war items & issued to Heer or Navy or Coastal Art.. I agree with the latter. Could have been issued army or navy. What does the back look like ? Crank catch or typical catch. That might give us a clue if it is early or late war. Supposedly, if it's a "Crank catch"...it could be a true navy. Just my opinion...no reference noted other than discussions with other collectors about these.
    Last edited by real steel; 10-02-2017 at 11:16 PM.

?

The buckle will work. A green painted buckle with a KM marked tab is what I consider a true Costal Artillery buckle but they are tough to find. Tabs basically went away in 1942. A green buckle from a known KM supplier might have also been used by the Costal Artillery.

Again you could do, a true Coastal Arty buckle would have a KM mark on the tab, these blue ones are painted with einsfarbe or one colour. A lot of manufacturers used this late war blue, probably as nothing was left, Gustav Brehmer, Overhoff, Assmann, RODO, CTD to name a few
    Ben

Maker looks like Gustav Brehmer, with the big ears I would have said Bruder Schneider but the eagle is wrong for that maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine   Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine  

Ben

The one shown above is unmarked, this one is a marked one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine   Kastenschloss stahl Kriegsmarine  

Ben