MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?

Article about: Hi Guys... I've been trying to match these worn maker's marks by comparing them to maker's marks on other buckles, but seeing as there are so many to look through, I was wondering is someone

?

Default KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?

Hi Guys... I've been trying to match these worn maker's marks by comparing them to maker's marks on other buckles, but seeing as there are so many to look through, I was wondering is someone recognizes them just by looking at these photos? Many thanks for your time... cheers... Hansi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?   KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?

Sorry... just had another look through some photos of buckles and I think that I have found the maker... Richard Seiper & Sohne ... is that correct?
    Cheers... Hansi

?

Yes Hansi, it is correct!

BTW, Sieper was the only maker of these golden Aluminium KM buckles.

Regards,
    Guido

Ben

?

Thanks Guido and Ben... those initials (R S & S) are now well and truly memorized for future use... maybe rattling around a bit in all that empty space, but they're in there!
    Cheers... Hansi

As Guido mentioned....Only R.S.S. manufactured these Alum. KM buckles. That should also make it easy to ID these!!
    There are steel examples manufactured by other makers....but these aluminum examples were strictly Sieper made!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Thanks Rob... that's good to know. All these little 'snippets' of information are definitely a big help as I try to learn as much as I can about buckles. There's a wealth of information out there but there's nothing quite like receiving tips and help from experts in the field, exactly when and where you need it! So many thanks and cheers... Hansi

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    As Guido mentioned....Only R.S.S. manufactured these Alum. KM buckles. That should also make it easy to ID these!!
    There are steel examples manufactured by other makers....but these aluminum examples were strictly Sieper made!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Thankyou for your confirmation, Rob!

I have observed that a lot of tabbed and 1937 dated Alum. KM buckles have a yellow coloured gilding in contrast to 1938/ 1939 dated buckles wich have a much brighter gilding.
    According to this theory, Hansi's KM buckle must be a piece from 1937.
    Maybe I am wrong. How do you, guys, think about that?

Regards,
    Guido

Hey Guido...I've never considered comparing years of manufacture....I'll put up pics of my example which is '38 dated....does this help? Perhaps the lighting is not the best....I could take more in nat. sunlight/shade.
    Certainly an interesting idea!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?   KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?  

Attached Images Attached Images KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?  KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?  KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas?  KM: Worn maker's marks... any ideas? 

?

Yes, mine is much paler... almost like a tea-colored stain rather than gold gilding... very interesting! Cheers... Hansi