Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two-piece KM parade buckles

Article about: I've done a lot of searching, but I've not yet seen a photo of a genuine two-piece KM parade type buckle. They should exist, but they are apparently very rare. Does anyone have one which the

The buckle and tab are both genuine, the tab as we know does not belong to the buckle, the question is the paint, is it period
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two-piece KM parade buckles
    P
    Many

?

According to Schlicht/ Angolias book there was no fieldgrey KM uniform for parade purposes. The blue parade uniforms were usually worn without a belt, however sometimes with a belt together with ammunition pouches. In the last case I assume they used the same belts and buckles wich were known for service. So in my opinion a two-piece private purchase KM buckle never did exist!

I know a two-piece KM EM buckle, but this was obviously not used for parade purposes. And the buckle is smooth, not pebbled! All pebbled two-piece "GOTT MIT UNS" buckles in a gold colour are fake in my eyes.

?

Quote by Guido View Post
    According to Schlicht/ Angolias book there was no fieldgrey KM uniform for parade purposes. The blue parade uniforms were usually worn without a belt, however sometimes with a belt together with ammunition pouches. In the last case I assume they used the same belts and buckles wich were known for service. So in my opinion a two-piece private purchase KM buckle never did exist!

I know a two-piece KM EM buckle, but this was obviously not used for parade purposes. And the buckle is smooth, not pebbled! All pebbled two-piece "GOTT MIT UNS" buckles in a gold colour are fake in my eyes.
    As far as I know, the Belgian KM buckles (if they do exist) would be the only pebbled KM buckles which are above doubt.

?

Here's one that another forum member showed me via PM, which I will post here for thoughts.

Two-piece KM parade bucklesTwo-piece KM parade buckles

Source: http://www.regimentals.co.uk/viewphoto.php?x=1

My opinion is that I wouldn't buy it! There is heavy wear on the eagle, but none on the backside on or near the catch, which is normally seen on buckles even with only slight wear. Besides that, the prongs are completely gold, which seems a bit strange. Also, the color doesn't really look like gilding, but maybe paint.

What do you guys think? I'm not qualified to make a good judgement on something like this, because there aren't any known examples at the moment with which to compare.

?

The Belgium Reitz style KM buckle does exist. Ric the buckle forum moderator on WAF posted his example several years ago. I couldn't find the one Ric posted but here is one Marc V posted on WAF. He didn't post a rear shot but this is the construction style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two-piece KM parade buckles   Two-piece KM parade buckles  

For me that gold is spray paint and not gilding, any chance of some real close up pics of the paint in various places? Not a fan to be honest
    Ben

?

Again: Any gold and pebbled KM buckle is highly questionable in my eyes!

The following thread shows the only two-piece KM buckle wich I will give a chance. Unfortunately the thread starter deleted his pics. They were of some interest because they have shown the particular buckle in a ground excavated condition.

KM buckle from Brest - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    For me that gold is spray paint and not gilding, any chance of some real close up pics of the paint in various places? Not a fan to be honest
    Those are the only pictures the seller shows, but they definitely aren't looking good.

Quote by Guido View Post
    Again: Any gold and pebbled KM buckle is highly questionable in my eyes!

The following thread shows the only two-piece KM buckle wich I will give a chance. Unfortunately the thread starter deleted his pics. They were of some interest because they have shown the particular buckle in a ground excavated condition.

KM buckle from Brest - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    That is interesting! Did anyone save those pictures?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2