Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feuerwehr Buckles

Article about: A couple single solder point Feuerwehr buckles... Again 1895-1920's vintage.

Default Feuerwehr Buckles

Hey, guys

Just thought I'd share a couple more new pieces, this time two Feuerwehr buckles. I get the impression that these are not all that popular and perhaps somewhat underappreciated. Nevertheless, I find them interesting having grown up with a father who is a firefighter and wanting to be a fireman when I was very young. They can be quite good-looking buckles, I think and can also be had at quite reasonable prices.

The first buckle shown is actually a favorite within my buckle collection. It is a larger 50mm size which I haven't seen others of as of yet and I consider the condition to be very nice. The roundel has, to my eyes, a very pleasing and striking “stand out” appearance. I have read that the addition of brass or gilt roundels (also seen on pre-1938 DRK buckles) might indicate rank differentiation. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I also like the overall construction of this feuerwehr example and it would appear to be an early buckle by way of the larger size, pin/claw assembly and lack of ears. Given this and what I have read I might humbly suggest that this buckle is pre-1895.

The second buckle is a 2-piece steel example. While I believe this is probably an otherwise legitimate buckle, could be it be post-war? I have seen this method of construction and very similar buckles before but cannot find examples at the moment or remember if they were post-war or not.

If others have any feuerwehr buckles that they'd like to share then I for one would love to see them and hopefully I will have another to share soon. Of course, any and all comments and opinions are appreciated.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerwehr Buckles   Feuerwehr Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feuerwehr Buckles

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerwehr Buckles   Feuerwehr Buckles  

Hi Adam! I love that first buckle of yours! You are correct: it's an1845 model buckle that is in fantastic condition. These types of buckles deserve their rightful place in all buckle collections! They are quite nice. Here are a the few I have out of my collection.
    Rob
    PS...I think you are right about the second buckle being post war. Still worth collecting though - and not too pricey either!

Attached Images Attached Images Feuerwehr Buckles  Feuerwehr Buckles 

Couple more....I do have one exactly like your second example....just not pics of it at the moment!! (not sure where they went!)

Attached Images Attached Images Feuerwehr Buckles  Feuerwehr Buckles 

Next of my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerwehr Buckles  

Hey, guys. All great buckles! Gerolf, I really like the pickelhauben ones. Here are photos of the one I just purchased that's on the way to me. I'm also going to post my 50mm in the Imperial buckle thread as that is really the appropriate time frame... I don't think there are any Feuerwehr in there yet.

A very happy and buckle rich New Year to you all
    -Adam

An interesting selection of buckles and as Adam mentioned, perhaps not the most popular grouping within belt buckle collecting.

I would recommend that anyone who has an interest in "Die Feuerwehr" tries to obtain a copy of "Deutsche Koppelschlösser 1800-1945" by Jürgen Bandau. Published by Militair-Verlag Klaus D Patzwall - Norderstedt ISBN 3-931533-30-1. A must for the Imperial collector and despite monochrome obverse images only. 11 "A4" size pages dealing with "Die Feuerwehr" from 1800 to 1945 though!

Regards,

David

Hi guys,

here my feuerwehr-buckles.

Best,
    Sascha

Feuerwehr Buckles   Feuerwehr Buckles  

Here are my own images of the newly acquired Feuerwehr that I posted here previously.

Best,
    Adam

Another Feuerwehr example picked up recently and featuring the pickelhaube helmet. Likely 1895-early 1920's...

Best,
    Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast