Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Forestry Belt and Buckle

Article about: Here is my new Forestry Belt and Buckle :-) Not a mint example but nevertheless will go great with the coat.

Yes, great belt and buckle in original post, actually like it much better than your other ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

Thank you and here is some more info/photos for those interested in forestry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Belt and Buckle   Forestry Belt and Buckle  

Forestry Belt and Buckle   Forestry Belt and Buckle  

I have some hundred of forestry photos of practically all branches in perfect condition,
    but they are "on embargo" for volume 7 of the headgear-series, which is in the stage
    of writing. Otherwise I would show some.
    Many show the wearing of all kinds of buckles. I have at hand practically all uniform-
    regulations about forestry-organizations from the Weimar-period up through the
    end of the war, including for army and Luftwaffe!

very nice belts.

Very nice buckle on show gents and a very informative thread, many thanks to all who contributed
    Ben

?

Interesting information thanks for posting. I am surprised there isn't anything about brown belts. The brown belt I have with the burnished buckle has the green snaps and is backed in green material. Were brown belts used post war? The Hessen and Baden has the buckle attached to the belt. It is also green backed. It was the first round buckle I ever bought.

Could it be that brown belts were dyed green and then lost the color ? I know there were green holsters for foresters as well.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Interesting information thanks for posting. I am surprised there isn't anything about brown belts. The brown belt I have with the burnished buckle has the green snaps and is backed in green material. Were brown belts used post war? The Hessen and Baden has the buckle attached to the belt. It is also green backed. It was the first round buckle I ever bought.
    I checked it again. I do not know if I have overlooked something.
    Not with regular forestry brown was worn, but with an order from January 1, 1943 brown was
    mentioned for forestry persons, not being German in the Generalgouvernement. Nothing was said
    about a buckle (what form). It could be they took over German buckles. That is a possibility!

The note was taken from the magazine "Deutsche Uniformen-Zeitschrift", nr. 8 from August 1944.
    The article included a photo, but with the uniform no belt was worn.

Forestry Belt and Buckle

I do not have knowledge about forestry as from after the war.

?

Thanks for your additional thoughts. I am far more interested in buckles than belts but I seem to find a lot of Forestry sets.

Interesting info about brown belts for Polish foresters in GG - i assume they probably used Polish belts with buckles aka officer type belts of pre-war type.

- - ------- - -

Quote by kirby View Post
    Thanks for your additional thoughts. I am far more interested in buckles than belts but I seem to find a lot of Forestry sets.
    If you ever find any keep me posted :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast