Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Nightwatchmen buckle

Article about: Hey gang....Ben and David were talking about seldom seen and "not as appreciated" buckles in a prev. thread...that got me thinking about which of my buckles kind of fall into that

Default Nightwatchmen buckle

Hey gang....Ben and David were talking about seldom seen and "not as appreciated" buckles in a prev. thread...that got me thinking about which of my buckles kind of fall into that category....I looked upon this example and thought of how often I've seen these come up for sale......not often!
    This one has some wear to it but still looks good. Made by C.T.D. it has the earlier logo I believe.

here are some pics....Wish I could make out what the writing says around the buckle center. You can make out much more of the writing off the back of the buckle -but it's backwards....

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nightwatchmen buckle   Nightwatchmen buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nightwatchmen buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nightwatchmen buckle

Attached Images Attached Images Nightwatchmen buckle  Nightwatchmen buckle 

last pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images Nightwatchmen buckle 

Nice buckle Rob, and maker marked, you find alot of these non maker marked, I nearly bought a crank catch one like this marked CTD but did not bother in the end (mind you I would have sold it by now to buy Heer buckles)
    Ben

Glad you like it buddy!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Rob

A super buckle and in my opinion, the pre 1945 type with the inscription, which is extremely rare.

I think that it is a "guild" related buckle and which is sometimes referred to as "Reichsbund Deutche Wachdienst", "Wachgesellschaft", "Deutches Wachdienst" and "Reichssicherheitsverband des Deutschen Bewachungsgewerbes". Yours would appear to have the latter as the inscription, together with the word "Berlin".

It may be a clumsy rule of thumb, however the majority of the pre 1945 examples are brass rather than gold painted steel, have a slightly leaning forward catch and have the GES. GESCH. C.TH. mark. I have also seen pre 1945 examples with a separately applied emblem and also, displaying a crank catch.

The post 1945 examples and which until quite recently could be bought as "new", tend to be gold painted steel and with a non leaning forward catch. They also have the Dicke "house" emblem stamped under the pin shroud.

Regards,

David

Hello David! Thanks for that info! ....and I thought the forward leaning catch was from the buckle being "pulled" while it was on a belt - if you get my meaning. That is very interesting. Thanks so much for your help. I had another German speaking collector look at it and his take on the writing was that it pretty much says something to the effect:
    "REICH UNIT ASSOCIATION OF THE GERMAN GUARD INDUSTRY E.V. BERLIN"

"e.V." is an abbreviation for "eingetragener Verein" or in english, "registered association".

Cheers gang!

Rob

Rob ! i never see this buckle before ! meme dans les livres j ai jamais vu ce type de boucle RARE ! TRES RARE ! congrat ! Mon Ami tu as une collection de boucle extraordinaire ! Félicitation !!! A+ PIerre

Thanks! Merci - je suis content de voir que tu apprécie ma collection!
    CHeers!

Rob