Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

unknown buckle

Article about: Hello gents. Don't quite know where to post this. Maybe a Political buckle. Anyone know. Not my buckle. Comments welcome. Regards Detlef

Reverse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown buckle
    P
    Many

It was just a thought from the mentioned regulation and as in forty years no description was found
    it was just a thought. No other purpose! Here is a part of the dress-order for the Diplomatic Corps
    for those who like to see proof of what is said:

unknown buckle

You have quite some experience and knowledge David, so do you have any idea how this buckle for
    the diplomatic corps would look like? You cannot simply compare the buckle from post 1 with the buckle
    from post 10. The four tabs make sense for a uniform worn daily by a lowest group of functionaries!!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-10-2018 at 12:35 PM.

It would appear that I owe you an apology Wilhelm, as and on reflection of my somewhat clumsy response, this may has been misconstrued. Not for one moment I am disputing the fact that such an enigmatic buckle that you have isolated by a period publication existed. My response I think could have been read as dismissive and towards this, please accept my apologies, as this was never for one moment the intention.

These subjective musings as thank goodness seen from all of us, are the life blood of the War Relics Forum and long may this continue.

As now a slightly embarrassing side note, my interest was in the fabrication "signatures" of the buckle that started this thread and the fantasy buckle that I later posted.

As to your question Wilhelm, sorry, however I have no idea whatsoever.

Regards and best wishes,

David

No problem David. No need to make excuses. For such issues there is this good, or should
    I say, best forum.

I thought that at least after forty years of uniform-investigations "my problem" about that
    particular buckle possibly was solved. Next to the part of regulation shown, it is for me
    practically sure the group of wearer's for that buckle must have been very, very small.

I did check my old buckle files and noted I already had seen such a type of buckle (but
    with a golden colored eagle) in the collection of mr. Jürgen Bandau from Germany in the
    late 1970's. He did not include it in his "Deutsche Koppelschlösser, 1800-1945". Maybe
    he was not sure about the originality? We can't ask him, as he died many years ago!

One always sees the same buckle as from post 1 (with the tiny black spots). Maybe it was
    planned to introduce a special buckle, but due to the progressing of war, this was cancelled
    or "put on ice" (auf Kriegsdauer zurückgestellt). And so the double-claw was actually worn.
    Maybe the one or the other manufacturer was quick to seize one's opportunity and did indeed
    make a buckle. But how did that buckle look?

Or was the buckle a look-a-like for the one, meant for the Reichsministerium für die besetzten
    Ostgebiete
    , as published as a drawing in the 1942 uniform regulation: "Dienstkleidungsvorschrift
    für den Geschäftsbereich des RMBO
    ", to be worn with a black leather belt for the lowest grades
    (einfacher Dienst)?

unknown buckle

Maybe one day this puzzle will be solved!

unknown buckle
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-10-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    ..."One always sees the same buckle as from post 1 (with the tiny black spots)..."
    Same at my side Wilhelm as I thought in my gin sotted dotage that I held alternative images of this buckle. A trawl through my database came up with the same images of the ubiquitous "spotty one"!

Many thanks for your as always detailed and informative response and as you say, perhaps one day this puzzle will be solved.

Regards and best wishes,

David

This what I meant with post 14, the use of the double-claw
    (note the dark crown piping and leather chin strap as
    mentioned in the order from post 12):

unknown buckle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2