Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1847 pattern Prussian....

Article about: Hi guys, I've not been on in ages, busy with work and preparing for new baby.. Picked up a few buckles over the last few months since I last looked in, mainly Imperial. A few Prussians, Saxo

Default 1847 pattern Prussian....

Hi guys,

I've not been on in ages, busy with work and preparing for new baby.. Picked up a few buckles over the last few months since I last looked in, mainly Imperial. A few Prussians, Saxon, Bavarian..

Anyway, I'm celebrating my 100th buckle with this one... an 1847 Prussian with tab and combat belt, marked up to I.R.15, J.R.15, F.B. and also J.R.43. Tab is marked but unreadable. After my last 47 turned out to be fake, I'm happy with this one, or??????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1847 pattern Prussian....   1847 pattern Prussian....  

1847 pattern Prussian....   1847 pattern Prussian....  

1847 pattern Prussian....   1847 pattern Prussian....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1847 pattern Prussian....
    P
    Many

Hi Lenny, long time no see mate the tab looks weird to me, do you think it belongs to the buckle or has been put on at some point? Also I recall ever seeing a tab of this pattern buckle?
    Ben

I've never seen an 1847 with leather tab, however not handled many 47's at all. Saying that, the tab looks old and seems to have been there a long time. Wear and stitching are consistent with the rest of the set. I believe the 47's were re-issued during WW1 to behind lines troops, so who knows, maybe added then....

Whatever, I'm happy with it.... really liking the Imperial buckles now...

According to Marc Verstraete, they did have tabs but are seldom seen.... The tab in the link below looks similar to mine...

ID please LARGE Prussian buckle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Also, the cross at the tip of the crown has the "rays" coming from the crown. I'm sure this is only found on the really early buckles?????

Just noticed that a few on Das Koppelschloss website have tabs..

www.das-koppelschloss.de

Could be Lenny, I have not seen many with tabs personally
    Ben