Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1847 Prussian

Article about: Well, perseverance paid off... got a real 47 pattern Prussian...

Default 1847 Prussian

Hi guys,

I know this is Imperial, but most of the buckle guys hang out in here, so humour me.

I'm so chuffed with this new acquisition. This belonged to a friend/collector and I've been trying to get it off him for ages. He finally let it go after months of subtle, ok, not so subtle persuasion...

1847 Prussian with parade belt, you can see part of the parade finish but most of it is away. Maker ink stamp inside belt with soldiers name written in fountain pen, very faint but you can make it out....

It's a keeper...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1847 Prussian   1847 Prussian  

1847 Prussian   1847 Prussian  

1847 Prussian  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1847 Prussian
    P
    Many

nice one Lenny.

That's in great condition!....

Hello,

the leather belt is fine and rare to find in the large 50mm version, even if it is a private purchase one.
    On another hand, i do not feel very happy with the buckle which is in my opinion a fake which was currently sold on ebay sometimes ago.

The brass box is very "square" shaped, especially the ears at the back which are usually bended in a round form

The medaillon is slightly too large in diameter and it is nickel plated instead of being made of nickel silver (color is slightly different)

The three holes at the back are not soldered as they usually are, the medaillon seems to be simply "glued" to the box

I suggest to visit the excellent site of Sven Janke in Germany, named "Das koppelschloss", in which there is a page concerning the fakes (Kopien) and you will find a photograph of this same buckle

Sorry for the bad news, but the 50mm belt is original and is much more difficult to find than a very common 1847 prussian buckle

Quote by HERVEPARIS View Post
    Hello,

the leather belt is fine and rare to find in the large 50mm version, even if it is a private purchase one.
    On another hand, i do not feel very happy with the buckle which is in my opinion a fake which was currently sold on ebay sometimes ago.

The brass box is very "square" shaped, especially the ears at the back which are usually bended in a round form

The medaillon is slightly too large in diameter and it is nickel plated instead of being made of nickel silver (color is slightly different)

The three holes at the back are not soldered as they usually are, the medaillon seems to be simply "glued" to the box

I suggest to visit the excellent site of Sven Janke in Germany, named "Das koppelschloss", in which there is a page concerning the fakes (Kopien) and you will find a photograph of this same buckle

Sorry for the bad news, but the 50mm belt is original and is much more difficult to find than a very common 1847 prussian buckle
    Hi Lenny, I agree with the above. I'm sorry to say it's a fake buckle. Sadly a fake example is included in the Peter Nash book, Cheers, Richard.

?

To bad it is a fake. Hope you can get your money back. If you keep the belt I may have an extra 50mm buckle.

Kirby

?

That is a bummer.

Thanks for the link, Herveparis...Sure enough, here is another one, identified as fake...Bummer indeed.
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images 1847 Prussian 

I thought it was in good nick for it's age!...

Bugger.... It's sort of left me in an awkward position, came from a friend (pickelhaube collector). Mmmm... I want to keep the leather, but... Mmmm...

Quote by HERVEPARIS View Post
    Hello,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast