Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

Article about: Hi, all. I saw this buckle that I hadn't seen before and haven't had a chance to research it. I think it's supposed to be circa 1914. Does anyone have any thoughts on this as far as authenti

Question "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

Hi, all. I saw this buckle that I hadn't seen before and haven't had a chance to research it. I think it's supposed to be circa 1914. Does anyone have any thoughts on this as far as authenticity or worth? Are these scare at all? Any info or opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

Strange buckle. It says as "Furchtlos und Trew" which obviously means "fearless and loyal".
    But Trew is spelled wrong and means nothing in German. It should read "Treu".

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Adam, As far as I can tell yours is authentic. It is a 1870 2 peice Wurttemburg buckle. Fearless and Loyal in old German. "Trew" is correct but will not be found in a modern day dictionary. Regards, Lee

Thanks for the replies, guys. Lee, do you know what these usually sell for and is it a scarcer/harder to find buckle?

Thanks,
    Adam

ian
    ?

Lee well said and perfectly correct cheers ian

I can confirme what leej11 said.The iron one is more in demand and would fetch like 125 euro.
    I guess thise one would go like 80 to 100 euro.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I would agree with Stuka f on a price range. I only have 4 buckles and am not an expert.

Quote by leej11 View Post
    I would agree with Stuka f on a price range. I only have 4 buckles and am not an expert.
    I have non, and no expert eighter.

cheers
    |<ris

To Leej11;
    I just saw you live in Germany.
    I have to go to a small place near Stuttgart thise WE, so coming from Belgium I will be crossing 4 states in germany (Norrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland Phalz, Hessen and Baden Wurttemberg).
    I have been looking for fleemarkets on MarktCom | Flohmarkt- und Trödelmarkttermine ;do you have any idea off how I could make any good selection out of all those places.
    I will be visiting only one or two on my journey.
    Cheers
    kris

cheers
    |<ris

?

I live in Hessen. This weekend I have to work in Kaiserslautern. This Saturday there is a Flohmarkt in Frankfurt on the west side of the river that is normally pretty good. I would pick ones that are close together so you can hit up 2 or 3 in a morning. Sometimes Im at one for only 15 minutes because theres nothing good and I go to the next one. Try to map it out like a trip. The best are ones that might say its all out of the basements and attics. Sometimes they advertise this on the internet like the sights you mentioned. If you want to contact me sometime, send me a PM. Im sometimes in Belgium. Regards, Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast