Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Thanks Richard.
    Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Good day Gentlemen,

It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd post a couple of buckles I bought a couple of months ago. First is an all brass Prussian that has scratched on the front the names Cantigny, Soissons, St. Miheil, Argonne and the date 1917-1918

The second buckle is a wuttenburg that is a little off, seems the roundel was put on upside down? or maybe this is a repro.

Either way, I paid less than $35.00 each, so I'm not worried if it is.
    Now, Your opinions?

Thanks,
    Anton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Last edited by AntonEbans; 06-16-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Hello Anton,

A couple interesting buckles you have shown. The first is, of course, an original M1895 Prussian, and I saw this one on ebay a while back. Interesting as it has been turned into a sort of souvenir/trench art piece by way of the scratched names on the obverse.

The 2nd Württemberg buckle appears okay to me...looks like original construction, etc. Do you have another photo of the reverse showing the pin assembly and "ears"? I think perhaps this buckle was converted for left-handed use by way turning the roundel around/upside down. Hope that helps

Best,
    Adam

I thought about putting a photo of the Württemberg buckle without the leather tab on it. Here it is.

Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.

Adding these photos, I noticed an indentation on the buckle that does not have it on the roundel. A very good clue that it was moved at some point in time.
    Last edited by AntonEbans; 06-17-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Hi Anton, the first one looks fine & has the nice touch of the battle honours (see my one below). As for the second, you're quite right that it's been repaired with the dent showing on the back. But is it an old or new repair? The only way you can judge is, does the solder look new? Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.  

?

jagdhorn, ccmjr, here picture of prongs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.  

?

Hi,

Richard asked for Sachsen buckles markings.

Here are some of mine.

(only one of these 3 is mine)

Hi JR92, you've got some great Saxons there Also some rare markings. Thanks for showing, cheers, Richard.

?

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    jagdhorn, ccmjr, here picture of prongs
    maxrsx,

Thanks for the better view of these prongs. I was wrong, as these are perfectly good. I was thrown off by the original posted photo. This photo shows that the prongs are not cut as I had thought.

Regards,
    CCMJR

?

CCMJR,I blame myself I will to post more detailed pictures

Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast