Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Jagdhorn, excellent prognosis ! the trouble is that I collect on such a broad front, and have about a dozen belts with buckles, mainly bought to complete uniformed mannaquins...and never studed them in great depth, my thought was, as yours, these buckles/belts have been so inexpensive until now ! no need for good reproductions. This is a wake up call !....our Imperial items are about to explode in price, and we will suffer as the TR collectors have been for the past 30 odd years....lets see any of the other chaps have anything to say, I rather hope so, the more input the better.
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    original or not,i think yes but something confuses.
    Very interesting buckle. Can you post some clearer pics of the stamps on the back of the body? Cheers, Richard.

Richard...what are your thoughts on the buckle I show ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Jagdhorn, excellent prognosis ! the trouble is that I collect on such a broad front, and have about a dozen belts with buckles, mainly bought to complete uniformed mannaquins...and never studed them in great depth, my thought was, as yours, these buckles/belts have been so inexpensive until now ! no need for good reproductions. This is a wake up call !....our Imperial items are about to explode in price, and we will suffer as the TR collectors have been for the past 30 odd years....lets see any of the other chaps have anything to say, I rather hope so, the more input the better.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Chaps, very interesting discussion. I agree with all points made. The buckle certainly has some age; but I'm pretty sure it's not WW1 era.

Could it be a film prop?

As for prices, Steve's very right. I've been collecting Imperials for about 3 years now & have certainly noticed a steady rise

Cheers,

Richard.

Gents...then this Saxon buckle shown by lach470 (I apologise for bringing you into this..but it needs clarification) in post #7 page 1 of this thread exhibits all the traits of my buckle ! including the tilted to the left crown...(or is it my eyes) so doubt must be cast on this specimen ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles.  Imperial German Buckles. 

?

Hello,

These are scarce.
    I also belong a Prussian one.

More in the mix ! the one on the right is same as mine, with crown tilted to the left.....the only differance being the location of the clasp on the rear ! what do we think of these then ?...anybody ?
    Prost ! Steve.

I'm really not sure, hence my unusual silence

Richard, thanks for your reply, I was getting worried that some of the contributors to this excellent thread were no where to be seen or heard.....I guess the jury will stay out on this one ! I shall keep hold of my specimen as it cost me nothing anyway, and I would not disrespect my fellow collector by abandoning his good will (I think the buckle looks good real or not !)...it will remain in hallowed company, perhaps, just perhaps, there may be future debate yet with regards to these buckles.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

"I shall keep hold of my specimen as it cost me nothing anyway, and I would not disrespect my fellow collector by abandoning his good will (I think the buckle looks good real or not !).."
    No Problem, these are in my collection since 1967, and will be in it some years more, like that one, found in the same place.

Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast