Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Attachment 427041Attachment 427042
    Here's my contribution, just boring steel but quite good condition!...
    Hi Gunny, I may be wrong; but I'm sorry to say I think that's a repro. Like the ones sold here: -

German Prussian Belt Buckle [100079] - $19.95 : Schipperfabrik, The World's Finest Historical Reproduction

Sorry mate, Cheers, Richard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Gunny, I may be wrong; but I'm sorry to say I think that's a repro. Like the ones sold here: -

German Prussian Belt Buckle [100079] - $19.95 : Schipperfabrik, The World's Finest Historical Reproduction

Sorry mate, Cheers, Richard.
    Oh Bu--er, i posted it in the imperial section a couple of weeks back and the guys feeding back said it was good. Ah well such is life!...

Can you post it in the rouges gallery please?

Thanks

Ben
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Can you post it in the rouges gallery please?

Thanks

Ben
    Sure thing Ben!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Sure thing Ben!...
    Ben

Chaps, another Imperial to add to your ever expanding collection of buckles Late war Prussian Heer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 12-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Ben

?

My new buckle,your opinion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

I just picked up this one piece brass Saxon for $50. I had seen examples of these, and mine is identical to the one on page one of this thread. I've read various opinions on what these buckles are, but it seems there is no consensus. What I find odd is that they seem to only exist in Prussian and Saxon models. Why no Bavarian or Wurts? The opinions seem to either be that they are very old fakes (which is questionable as to why someone would bother) or that they are 1919 souvenirs.

I would pose a question as to why no possibility that they are indeed pre-war manufacture? They appear to be manufactured no different than the Hessian one piece models. Is it possible that there was a manufacturer who was making Prussian and Saxon buckles out of one piece of brass?

Nice buckle, Gerard. Where did you pick this one up? I have the same but Prussian. These have been discussed but seems no clear consensus other than original...never heard of them being old fakes.

Best,
    Adam

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Nice buckle, Gerard. Where did you pick this one up? I have the same but Prussian. These have been discussed but seems no clear consensus other than original...never heard of them being old fakes.

Best,
    Adam
    Sorry about the user name confusion, I'm not Gerard. I should change my user name as I've had this problem on other forums.

Anyway, I found the buckle on ebay with a cheap price so I took a shot on it.

I've noticed the crown is different on the Saxon one from the Prussian one. And it's a tiny bit bigger than a normal 95. I'm not sure why its believed to be post war rather than pre war. Yes the two piece brass was the standard, but there were exceptions, like the hessian and Austrian buckles.

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast