Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Here's the last 2. The top is maker marked "Gutkind & Einstein, Nurnburg, 1916". The bottom "Sattler Jnnung, Wurzburg, 1917".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Hi Chaps, here's a couple of photos of my Prussians. I'll post some of the highlights soon.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Couple more 95' Prussians, generic, so ill leave them on my mannaquins as there a bugger to dress again ! but both belts are nicely marked, top one attached to rough side out, brown 100cm marked belt to the '158 Inf Regt', 'Lothringisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.158, (Paderborn, III Bn Senne) VII Armee Korps ' the other no regimentals, but marker logo'd '1908' in a shield & some writing i cannot decipher, the belt is blackened, on the outside light brown on the inside, smooth both sides, size marked 98cm.

?

As said before, fantastic collection.
    WF

Thanks WF.

Nice belt & buckle sets Oradour I've got 3 that I'm going to add later.

Cheers, Richard.

iron cross
    ?

They just keep getting better an better. You guys have amazing collections. thanks for sharing

Hi Chaps, the next 2 buckles are common steel varities; but all the more interesting because they both have some history attached to them. I bought both direct from the families of men that served in the U.S. Army.

This one came from a collection of items taken back to the states by 1st Lieut. Roland Smith Tait, 12th Company, U.S. Army Ballon Corps. The maker mark is "M. Gunzenhauser & Co., Offenbach A/M, 1916". It was taken from the body of a dead German. He catalogued all the items & I've also shown the card that came with it.

Cheers,

Richard.

The next is a common late war olive green painted steel buckle.
    It was taken off a German by a U.S. Infantry soldier Henry Herman Steinert, service number 1747077. He fought in the battles of Chateau Thierry, Saint Mihiel & Meuse-Argonne. After the war he rose through the ranks of the Police Force becoming a Lieutenant.

Cheers,

Richard.

Great buckles with some hard to find variants! They all look great!

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast