Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle

Article about: Hello, I have a chance to pick up a buckle that I have not seen before and was hoping someone may know more about it. No, photo which I know makes it hard. It two piece constructed brass bod

Possible stamping on belt MG 137 under that a 10 maybe hard to read them at all. I was disappointed in the belt condition but I did not ask before I bid on it for more photos. The belt was curled up and looked to be whole. I know very little about these, how was the buckle attached to the belt, how incomplete is mine? Is the belt worth anything or total garbage?
    M1895 PRUSSIAN TELEGRAPHTRUPPEN EM/NCO'S BELT BUCKLE

Again any further info on this now that I added photos would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle
    P
    Many

?

I like your buckle. The belt has been altered. Here is my buckle for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle   Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle  

?

Hi guys,

Are these rare? I know of one for sale but it's not brass.
    Seller is saying it's original.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle   Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle  

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle  

?

Here is my example and I got positive reviews on the Imperial forum. Be careful there are a lot of repos of these. Dealers usually price these in the $200-300 range. I wouldn't call these rare.

?

I agree with Kirby but will take it one step further, one of the ways they fake these is the extra re-enforcement bar on the reverse, that is a 'No Go' as far as a purchase..
    Attached Images Attached Images Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2