Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian

Article about: Added this Prussian buckle to my Imperial collection. It is interesting because it is a standard size 45mm buckle but it has a face plate that is closer to the size you would find on a 35 mm

?

Default Prussian

Added this Prussian buckle to my Imperial collection. It is interesting because it is a standard size 45mm buckle but it has a face plate that is closer to the size you would find on a 35 mm buckle.

An Imperial collector friend showed similar buckle at the SOS last year and called it a cadet buckle.

The prong bar is stamped DRGM.

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian   Prussian  

Prussian  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prussian

Very nice buckle Kirby and it has its own uniqueness
    Ben

Interesting prussian buckle of the non regulation type which was privately purchased by soldiers for the walking out uniform
    These buckles can be found in 45mm or 35mm size, whith the nickel silver medaillon of different diameters as shown, and with the medaillon made of brass, soldered or struck in one piece
    The buckle can also be fabricated of tombak, which is an alloy containing more copper, and so more "reddish" in colour
    These "eigentum" buckles can be found for the different kingdoms and states of the german empire, such as Bavaria, Saxony, Wurttemberg and imperial troops

I think a Tombak buckle with with a nice nickel roundel would look good
    Ben

?

Thanks for all the additional information on the buckle. I don't collect a lot of Imperial but I liked the look of this one.