Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian eagle

Article about: Trying to identify this belt buckle with Prussian eagle. Thanks!

Default Prussian eagle

Trying to identify this belt buckle with Prussian eagle. Thanks!Prussian eaglePrussian eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian eagle
    P
    Many

?

A fantasy buckle that came out in the 70's. There was also a really bad NSKK and TENO from the same company.

?

The only Prussian style eagles on Third Reich buckles were Justice/ Prison officials and Prussian Forestry and the National Bureau of Mines had an eagle like this fantasy buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian eagle   Prussian eagle  

Hello mate and welcome to the forum, as already stated the buckle is fake/fantasy can you add the pics to the rouges gallery please?

Thanks
    Ben

Quote by kirby View Post
    The only Prussian style eagles on Third Reich buckles were Justice/ Prison officials and Prussian Forestry and the National Bureau of Mines had an eagle like this fantasy buckle.
    Strangely, the posted opening buckle looks genuine to me. Coluld you show a photo of the Bureau of Mines buckle please, kirby.

?

The buckle that started the thread is 100% fake. They have been around for 40 years but they were sold as fakes back when you could buy real buckles for $5-10. I don't own a Mining association buckle. It is an interesting buckle about 90mm wide. I have seen a few of them at the SOS priced in the $500-600 range. Here is a line drawing from the Thomas Ried book German Belt buckles. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian eagle  

Thanks for clearing that up, mate. I hope some day we'll get a photo on this forum of that buckle in the drawing.

?

There is one listed on the Collector's Guild, but I don't know whether or not it's genuine.

Prussian eagle

Source: The Collector's Guild

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Strangely, the posted opening buckle looks genuine to me. Coluld you show a photo of the Bureau of Mines buckle please, kirby.
    Also look how the buckle is made, the quality etc, 1000% fake
    Ben