Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Nickel Buckle

Article about: Hi guys, just a quick one to show you that I got from a forum member (many thanks Adam) I had never seen a Prussian buckle that was nickel over brass and it intrigued me. On asking around wh

Default Prussian Nickel Buckle

Hi guys, just a quick one to show you that I got from a forum member (many thanks Adam) I had never seen a Prussian buckle that was nickel over brass and it intrigued me. On asking around what it was David came back to me and told me the buckle is described in the Catella publication "Gott Mit Uns" as worn by members off the Gendarmerie and Prussian Customs to which I was quite delighted Anyone any clues as to the maker? It is not marked however from the shape of the box and the prongs I was wondering if it was made by Assmann? Your opinions are most welcome
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 12-31-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Nickel Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prussian Nickel Buckle

Pics to follow, having trouble loading them
    Ben

Done it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Nickel Buckle   Prussian Nickel Buckle  

Prussian Nickel Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Prussian Nickel Buckle 
    Ben

Great looking buckle Ben! Can't help you with the maker but I know that I too have an example of the same buckle in my collection. Need to take some pics....it's "G" marked if my memory serves me correctly.
    Will have a looksee and put up some pics when time allows. Happy New Year mucker. Congrats on the buckle!
    Rob

Cheers Rob, that would be great for comparison, I have a Assmann HJ on my Laptop which is for repair, I think they are quite similar. Have good New year Rob and stay off the Jack, its not good for you lol
    Ben

Will do my best! .....but Jack D. and I go way back! hahaha
    Was about to take some pics.....just my luck....the camera needs charging! It's not a G on the buckle though: it's a G...then a "backwards" D and then another D that is stamped properly. It's an interesting buckle. Will shoot some pics once the camera is good to go!
    Cheers mate!
    R.

Again Rob many thanks, I am just looking for a bit of info then PC off and on the lash for new year so no rush mucker
    Ben

Hi Ben! Here you go man.....sorry about the blurry MM pic...but you can see the letters as I've described them.
    Not to hijack this thread - but if anyone does recognize this maker, I'd love to know who it is.

Cheers!!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Nickel Buckle   Prussian Nickel Buckle  

Prussian Nickel Buckle  

Just food for thought Rob, Gebruder Dehyle Schwab G Mund, there maker mark is GD Gd. Probaly not them but uts a start Nice buckle BTW
    Ben