Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Prussian steel 2 piece

Article about: Looks like the same maker as yours!

Looks like the same maker as yours!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian steel 2 piece
    P
    Many

I'm really liking the variations, and started to prefer Imperial buckles....

Me too. There's a lot of variety as there was less standardisation between makers & of course all the different state designs! It's not been studied as much as WW2 so you can make some interesting discoveries.

Hello,
    there is a lot of studying to be done concerning these transitional buckles made in early 1915 to prevent the use of brass in all the equipments and save it to make ammunition.

These buckles have steel bodies (some saxon ones have pewter bodies) with roundels made of brass, nickel silver, pewter and steel until the makers stocks ended.

Then the one piece pressed steel buckles were produced for the various states of the german empire

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Lenny, yeah they were a transition between the brass & the single piece steel. I've only seen them dated 1915. They're not that common. There are a few in the main thread, cheers, Richard.
    Hi guys,
    Here is my everyday use belt buckle !
    It's steel and nickel silver (?)
    Mm reads : Wimmer und Levy, Leipzig 1914

Mfg
    Marc

Prussian steel 2 piece

Prussian steel 2 piece

Prussian steel 2 piece

Prussian steel 2 piece

Nice buckle Marc, and nice to see a maker marked buckle
    Ben

Nice buckle, too nice to wear, send it to me instead..

Hi Lenny,
    Normally I do not use my militaria that I collect, but this buckle was given to me by a good friend many years ago, because I wanted such one for wear ! Like I use my old 46 knucklehead ( Harley Davidson ) for every day transport, and enjoy every second of it ;-) I really enjoy wearing this genuine war piece ;-) and it always reminds me of a good friend, who by the way use a pre-revolution Russian navy buckle him self !!

Mfg
    Marc

?

A great thread on an interesting variant, I have been looking for one of these and hope to find one soon. Am I correct in assuming that the steel buckle with pewter roundel would have been painted when first issued or were they unpainted?

I am uncertain what price I should be prepared to pay but want to find one for the collection.

Quote by USNV5 View Post
    A great thread on an interesting variant, I have been looking for one of these and hope to find one soon. Am I correct in assuming that the steel buckle with pewter roundel would have been painted when first issued or were they unpainted?

I am uncertain what price I should be prepared to pay but want to find one for the collection.
    I'm sure they would be painted grey, just this one is worn as is to be expected. I bought it as a normal steel buckle with belt, didn't pay a premium for the pewter roundel. Saying that seller didn't know, sure it may have been dearer if they had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast