Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914

Article about: Hello, I was able to pick this up last fall to add to my collection. I believe it is one of the tougher Saxon maker marks to find. I personally have only seen 2-M95 Saxon examples by this ma

Default Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914

Hello,

I was able to pick this up last fall to add to my collection. I believe it is one of the tougher Saxon maker marks to find. I personally have only seen 2-M95 Saxon examples by this maker, and I've never seen it in wartime steel, or in "hartzinn" (we English speakers mistakenly call it "pewter").

Does any one else have "Josef Muskat, Leipzig" marked buckles in their collection?

I look forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

Alan

Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saxon Buckle M95 by Josef Muskat of Leipzig 1914
    P
    Many

Alan

I dont collect WW1 buckles but I must admit I do like that one, and another maker I have not heard of, I wonder why some of these earlier makers did not produce into the WW2 era?
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 02-08-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Ben

I wonder why some of these earlier makers did not produce into the WW2 era?
    That's a good question! Maybe they didn't survive financially after the end of WW1. Or maybe they sold out or were absorbed by a larger firm. Those would be some of my guesses.

Thanks Ben!

Best Regards,

Alan

Great looking buckle!...

?

Excellent buckle!

Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    That's a good question! Maybe they didn't survive financially after the end of WW1. Or maybe they sold out or were absorbed by a larger firm. Those would be some of my guesses.

Thanks Ben!

Best Regards,

Alan
    Alan, just been looking at the area on a map, to me it looks like there are no other buckles makers or metal works factories around Leipzig, the nearest one is Dresden so could have merged with Aurich but that is over 115km away.
    Ben

Really like that...

By moderator Ben Evans: Alan, just been looking at the area on a map, to me it looks like there are no other buckles makers or metal works factories around Leipzig, the nearest one is Dresden so could have merged with Aurich but that is over 115km away.
    Thanks Ben, that is interesting. I do wonder what ever happened to them. It makes me more curious after reading what you discovered by looking at a map of their location.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Alan