Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckle

Article about: Here's a buckle I'm really excited about that just arrived today. Photos are from the seller. M-15 Saxon buckles are not particularly hard to find, but this one has 3-things that really make

Default Saxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckle

Here's a buckle I'm really excited about that just arrived today. Photos are from the seller.

M-15 Saxon buckles are not particularly hard to find, but this one has 3-things that really make it great for me and why I wanted to add it to my collection:

1.) Maker marked by H. Aurich, Dresden (1-piece Model 1915 steel maker marked Saxon buckles IMHO are extremely hard to find unless you're looking for one by the maker "G.H Osang, Dresden".) Personally this is the first M15 steel "H. Aurich, Dresden" marked buckle I've ever seen. I'm sure there are others out there, I just haven't seen them.

2.) Unit marked to the elite 100th Lieb-Grenadier-Reg't. Unit marked Saxon Model 1895 Buckles are not what I would call rare. The Saxon Army was quite prolific in marking their buckles. Wartime Model 1915 Steel Saxon buckles are IMHO very difficult to find with Unit Markings. I have only ever seen a handful of M15 wartime steel unit marked Saxon buckles.

3.) Leather tab with maker mark. (of the 30-Saxon buckles I have in my collection, I personally have had a hard time finding Saxon M15's with maker marked tabs. I have several that are not maker marked on the tabs, and this is only my 3rd one that is maker marked on the tab).

Best Regards,

Alan

Saxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckleSaxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckleSaxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckleSaxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckleSaxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saxon M-15 Buckle: 3-Levels of Collector Interest with this buckle
    P
    Many

?

Very nice buckle friend.

?

Nice buckle Alan. You don't see many Saxon buckles. I have one steel one brass. Your guy never did contact me on those buckles. I most likely will see you at the SOS.

Kirby

Very nice buckle and marked
    Ben

Nice one!...

?

Excellent !

?

Very nice, you are to be congratulated.

Hello,

very good example of M15 saxon steel buckle with leather tab, which is not so common

Concerning the regimental markings, may i add the following precisions:

100.R. is the marking for the active regiment
    100.R.R. is the marking for the reserve regiment
    100.L.R. is the marking for the landwehr regiment which is the case of the buckle presented in this thread

Best regards, Hervé