Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 buckle... did I make a mistake?

Article about: Hi Guys... well, I not only decided to go it alone and purchase a buckle without your advice... I also did something that I swore I would never do... buy it on eBay!!! There wasn't time to p

Default Re: WW1 buckle... did I make a mistake?

Very nice buckle, Hansi and a great buy for $30! Good you went for it...I've learned the hard way that in some instances like you describe you just have to take a plunge without 100% certainty.
    The buckle you referred to in your reference book is Bavarian much like one I just recently missed-out on
    Here is a very similar Prussian buckle to your's in, I believe, the "field grey" that Steve refers to. Recently saw it going for $35...not a bad price either.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 buckle... did I make a mistake?   WW1 buckle... did I make a mistake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 buckle... did I make a mistake?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks a lot for your help and further information on this M16 guys... that's interesting about the change in the roller and prongs that took place in 1916... here's something from my book... " By 1916... the roller pin is now of the steel shrouded type with prongs passed through holes in the shroud and trapped against the steel pin (as one can clearly see in Adam's photo above) instead of being brazed to the post. The prongs are also of steel and standardized to 16 mm wide and 16 mm long. The catch is now steel and although earlier examples still utilize the 'C' catch, later types have flattened feet added to the catch for strength. These buckles were originally painted steel grey or olive green... " Very nice buckles in any case and, as you say Adam, taking the plunge sometimes pays off... ! Thanks again everyone... cheers... Hansi

Quote by Hansi View Post
    " that's interesting about the change in the roller and prongs that took place in 1916... here's something from my book... " By 1916... the roller pin is now of the steel shrouded type with prongs passed through holes in the shroud and trapped against the steel pin (as one can clearly see in Adam's photo above) instead of being brazed to the post.
    As I said........
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi, check out this thread : - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...buckles-10285/
    BTW your buckle is fine & at $30 a great price, cheers, Richard.

I think pretty much everything is being copied now!
    Great find - nice price and all original ww1 steel buckle! No worries there!

Rob

?

Thanks a lot Adam, Steve, Richard, & Rob... for your comments and help. Thanks also for the imperial buckle link Richard... a fantastic thread and an amazing collection of buckles! Cheers... Hansi

Cheers Hansi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2