Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1986 Dated British Mk-6

Article about: This British Mk-6 was recently sent to me by an absolute gentleman on this forum that new I was in need of an example to compliment my commonwealth helmet collection this was quite unexpecte

?

Default 1986 Dated British Mk-6

This British Mk-6 was recently sent to me by an absolute gentleman on this forum that new I was in need of an example to compliment my commonwealth helmet collection this was quite unexpected as he sent it as as a gift and would accept nothing in return not even accept an offer from me to pay the cost of the postage my many thanks James I am quite ecstatic to receive it and it is displayed in a place of prominence among its younger siblings of British helmets
    This particular example of a Mk-6 is near to pristine in condition as I could have hoped for and IMO is an unissued example straight out of the crate it is nicely tagged and dated 1986 and came with a set of instructions/owners manual that he was kind enough to source for me as well and if that was not enough he sent it along with multiple accesories.
    (1) Multi terrain camo cover
    (2) Standard DPM camo cover
    (3) Desert DPM camo cover flashed to the Royal Irish Regiment
    (4) A large section of choc chip camo scrim net
    (5) Web Tex warrior helmet band in OD green
    (6) and two separate sets of goggle covers in Multi terrain camo pattern and Desert DPM which I will post up separately once I source a set of goggles and add them to the helmet .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1986 Dated British Mk-6   1986 Dated British Mk-6  

1986 Dated British Mk-6   1986 Dated British Mk-6  

?

A few more images of the standard DPM camo cover and the Desert DPM camo cover with the addition of the choc chip scrim camo net which I have placed on the back of the helmet as a neck vale for protection against the desert sun

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1986 Dated British Mk-6   1986 Dated British Mk-6  

1986 Dated British Mk-6  

mark you are very welcome and who more deserving to send too, a true collector who will appreciate her as much as i did ,great to see the covers to full effect and nice use of the scrim too
    Regards James

?

Excellent going James.. A very nice present through the post you can't beat it. James sent me a little pick me up too back in Feb when I had a lot on my plate!! So well James.. & Also some excellent snaps too... Loving the Royal Irish desert cam cover!!. Cheers Terry.

?

Very nice Helmet and covers, I can also confirm that James is an absolutely genuine bloke, who also sent me a gift not so long ago when I was going through a really rough time, at the time my wife was awaiting tests and an operation to discover if she had Cancer, the gift I received certainly cheered me up no end and in a strange kind of way my wife too,as I was able to smile about something and had a distraction

He's like a Militaria fairy god mother

?

I can assure you gentlemen that his kindness has not been taken lightly by me and I have found him a rather minty 1942 dated C.L./C. Mk II and two tone Canadian camo net that is being carried by a friend and fellow collector to the UK next week and will be posted from London an absolute top notch gent in my mind .

Regards Mark

thank you all for the nice compliments guys ,my head has now grown to the size of a space hopper its nice to see a helmet ive owned and cherished in another part of the world ,the photos do her real proud
    Regards James

mark your offer of owning my very own canadian mk11 is one i will gladly accept with open arms, in fact my first canadian helmet to add to my world helmets displays ,the two tone netting is the icing on the cake for me ,you really are most kind and im really looking forward to its arrival into the uk
    Regards James

?

My pleasure James a helmet collection such as yours should have a Canadian Mk II
    I could not think of a better home were I know it will be appreciated.

Regards Mark

?

Just a little update to the thread now that I have a couple days off and back home on the Island James was kind enough to send me this wonderful Irish Army DPM cover for my Mk 6 and it is a great piece IMO showing genuine use just the way I like my helmets and accessories used but not abused .
    My many thanx James you are an absalute Gent and I am thrilled to have it as part of my collection.

Regards Mark

1986 Dated British Mk-6  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast