Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201

Article about: I seem to be on a bit of an Israeli helmet kick the last few weeks and have recently purchased two other examples to add to my collection one of which was an M-1 with the three point harness

superb pictures MD it is my understanding the use of these american covers is only when on training exercise ,is that correct? thanks james

They use whatever is practical for the region.
    Photo taken during operation protective edge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201  

?

Quote by James C View Post
    superb pictures MD it is my understanding the use of these american covers is only when on training exercise ,is that correct? thanks james
    I think the use of these covers only came in with the PASGT helmet, and from the pictures it's not always obvious whether it is an M76/201 or a PASGT being worn as the chin strap arrangement is very similar. With the IDF you also need to consider that the regular soldiers have the most current issue equipment and more uniformity, and the reserve soldiers who depending on their role get progressively older kit.
    As with the last photo MD posted the Mitznefet is the most common used on active operations because it breaks up the outline of the helmet, interestingly the pictures show that most of the helmets have covers under the Mitznefet.
    Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3