Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ACH with ACU Cover

Article about: Here we go Opex. you can see that the cover is too big with the side IR tabs going under the rim of the helmet but I have seen pics of troops wearing covers too big for the helmets so it doe

?

Here we go Opex. you can see that the cover is too big with the side IR tabs going under the rim of the helmet but I have seen pics of troops wearing covers too big for the helmets so it does not bother me too much, It is all fitted nice and tight and hope you all agree looks pretty cool! Cheers, Sean.

ACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU Cover

hi alex ,i can see how body armour used in the wrong hands might prolong an attackers progress making it harder for him to be dealt with quicker ,i notice on ebay now the use of the word kevlar is being replaced with words like ballistic /composite ect in the end they will tighten everything down ,i own a few bayo's and had to ask on here if importing one from europe would cause problems at customs but all was fine ,for now ,sean id really like to see your example ,i notice you can pick up replica mich's ach's at a fraction. how good they would look fully kitted out i dont know but i could be a more economic way of displaying one ,it might have to be my option as i just cant justify the price
    Regards James

sorry sean we must of double posted at the same time ,your right that is one cool looking lid , i like the tan rhino mount ,i thought they only came in black , the goggle retention straps are a great idea ive seen the earlier pasgt cover foliage slits used for this purpose ,i would easily find a gap on my shelf for this one mate
    Regards James

?

Thanks James! Yeah I think it was a more recent issue piece the Tan mount meant for use with multicam kit but I have seen pics of soldiers wearing it on digital covered lids. (Couple of pics attached.) Yeah your right such a simple but great idea and I am not surprised they started issuing them given how much the ESS goggles cost lol. Cheers, Sean.

ACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU Cover

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great looking lid and with that liner system it looks like it'd be pretty comfy to wear!....

Thanks Gunny, it's always nice to be able to count on you for positive feedback , most appreciated buddy

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    I can't get over that price Opex. I just looked online briefly and the differences in prices now are vast! I can't remember exactly when I bought mine but at the time they were all between I would say roughly £150-£200. I found a guy on ebay in the UK who had one in unissued condition complete but minus cover for I think £150 and got him down to £130. I know what you mean the accessories especially covers are not easy to source at all! It's similar to what Alex said above the difference of availability and prices if you where to order direct from the US where vast, they were everywhere and for pennies but if you had one imported here in the UK they were rare and so the prices sky rocketed! I waited a long time to finally source the cover and other accessories in the UK but then hit the jackpot, I found a US soldier based in the UK who had just been issued his new multicam kit and he still had his digital/UCP cover, Nape pad, Retention straps brand new in the issue bags! I told him I wanted the lot and he sold me it For £40 if I remember right. I thought it was Christmas lol I have seen just the covers for that price or more in the past and not even in new condition. The only thing is I took what I can get on this one as the issue stuff he sold me are for the large sized ACH mine being medium but I got it to fit just as easy and I am happy with it. The most expensive accessory was the ESS goggles. Think they were £50-£60. I will post pics of mine shortly! Cheers, Sean.

Hi Sean, absolutely agree with your comments,these particular helmets do seem to attract ridiculously high prices, and one option is to buy directly from the states, in hindsight I got lucky with the price as I put in a bid expecting to outbid by a loooong way,only to discover I had won!!!

I look forward to seeing your example, great to share views and interest on these modern helmets on this forum

?

"Here we go Opex. you can see that the cover is too big with the side IR tabs going under the rim of the helmet but I have seen pics of troops wearing covers too big for the helmets so it does not bother me too much, It is all fitted nice and tight and hope you all agree looks pretty cool! Cheers, Sean."

Very nice/cool indeed Sean, and it only makes me realise there's an awful lot I could add to my own example. I have a feeling these covers must have been manufactured on the large size, my helmet is a Medium, my cover is a Small/Medium, and I would say the cover is too large ,as Like yours the IR tabs are placed on the inside of the shell if I tighten the Velcro tabs down as they should be, I even washed mine with a view to shrinking it, but no joy it's still too big!!!

I very much appreciate you posting your excellent example here, and it a great reference point for others wishing to collect/source one of it's type, thank you very much buddy,Opex

?

[QUOTE=seandm;1187852]Thanks James! Yeah I think it was a more recent issue piece the Tan mount meant for use with multicam kit but I have seen pics of soldiers wearing it on digital covered lids. (Couple of pics attached.) Yeah your right such a simple but great idea and I am not surprised they started issuing them given how much the ESS goggles cost lol. Cheers, Sean.

Great reference photo's Sean, of particular interest is the contrast of the guy on the left, which clearly demonstrates how ACU really does not blend with foliage, clearly Multicam was a good move from the DoD. Whereas this camo is quite effective in a Desert environment

?

"I notice you can pick up replica mich's ach's at a fraction. how good they would look fully kitted out i dont know but i could be a more economic way of displaying one ,it might have to be my option as i just cant justify the price"

That's a very salient point James, some of the replica ACH helmets currently on the market are very realistic indeed, so for display purposes and with the correct accessories it would be hard to tell the difference. I am aware there are quite a few on ebay and the like, at relatively reasonable prices

Picked up another been-there ACH at the weekend......you don't get to see too many with these bolt-ons on in the UK (yet at least). I thought I'd add it here to an existing thread entitled "ACH with ACU cover"....rather than start a new thread called....errrrr....... "ACH with ACU cover"....hint hint!!! ('losing battle I know but I'll keep fighting)

ACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU Cover

....but what actually clinched the deal for me was the liner....this one's a Gentex TPL liner which is designed for Aircrew.....it's held in place by the Velcro...and feels like a Bubble-wrap turban. This must've screwed with all the ballistic qualities AND invalidated sooooooo many warranties and rules BUT it ain't 'arf comfortable........

ACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU CoverACH with ACU Cover

...would you buy a helmet cos the liner's different...or only if the eagle's tail is a bit more droopy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3