Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ATC Helmet

Article about: Hi ,I am of no use here adding to your deep knowledge at all , but I just wanted to say that the nearest thing I ever saw to this "back in the day" were the tank crew helmets as ou

?

Default ATC Helmet

Hi Composite fans, here's an ATC ( Air Traffic Control) helmet ,which I thought you might like to see. I believe they have the same ballistic properties as a Mk6, and are very similar ( if not ?) the same shell as the CVC version.Note the MK6 suspension similarities too.This one is missing the headphones obviously and has been sprayed tan and green, hard to tell from the pictures I know. Hope you like and thanks for looking,Opex

ATC Helmet
    ATC Helmet
    ATC Helmet
    ATC Helmet

very nice opex ,ive yet to add one of these into my collection of brit lids ,for some reason i see similarities to the mk7 ,i like the worn look to it ,can i ask what these were made from ,like i say im not too clued up on them ,i would imagine glass reinforced plastic ,thanks for showing here ,james

As you know Gary not my area but i do like looking at yours and James collection of Ballistic type lids,this looks great with the spray theme,thanks for sharing mate............

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice opex ,ive yet to add one of these into my collection of brit lids ,for some reason i see similarities to the mk7 ,i like the worn look to it ,can i ask what these were made from ,like i say im not too clued up on them ,i would imagine glass reinforced plastic ,thanks for showing here ,james

Many thanks James, to be honest I'm not 100% sure , but in one of reference books it states the material of the ATC is the same ballistic properties as the CVC, but I don't know what that's made of either??
    These were worn in place of the Mk6 if the user needed to wear headphones, I have seen some reference pictures of the profile helmets in use on Armoured Vehicles, but not sure if is was a CVC or this ATC type helmet...oh,it's so confusing

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    As you know Gary not my area but i do like looking at yours and James collection of Ballistic type lids,this looks great with the spray theme,thanks for sharing mate............

Many thanks Jake, I took the pictures in the loft, so the colours of the paint job are not clear, but it appears to have been done to match a Desert/urban look ??

Regards,Gary

thanks opex ,well it so happens i have a cvc helmet and i know for sure this is grp ,so i reckon you are spot on

?

thanks opex ,well it so happens i have a cvc helmet and i know for sure this is grp ,so i reckon you are spot on

That's great to know , as I genuinely had no idea, GRP eh,thanks James

hi opex ,ill have a rummage in the loft ,ive got three headsets in storage somewhere ,when i get chance ill dig one out and send it your way ,im not sure if suitable but would at least complete the look of your helmet ,i think they are racal ones with the defenders and mic attachment ,to be honest im not sure how they attach to the helmet ,they might very well have press studs even ,ill have a look

?

hi opex ,ill have a rummage in the loft ,ive got three headsets in storage somewhere ,when i get chance ill dig one out and send it your way ,im not sure if suitable but would at least complete the look of your helmet ,i think they are racal ones with the defenders and mic attachment ,to be honest im not sure how they attach to the helmet ,they might very well have press studs even ,ill have a look

That's very kind Mate, that would be really good of you, I am not sure how the comm's attached to these style of helmets,in fact I'm not even sure there are any attachments fitted to these models, that's got me thinking though! I will do a bit of research on this and see what I can come up with

great stuff opex ill have a rummage on friday and sent out pronto ,i dont think there is much if any difference between the atc and the cvc so im sure the headset will make a great addition to your nice example ,the only catch is you have to post up the completed helmet ,id like to see the result

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast