Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

belgium gendarmerie riot helmet

Article about: i thought best to post this helmet here in the composite section as its made from a moulded plastic ,its a one piece helmet and i believe replaced the earlier two piece m51 m1 clone ,it diff

kris you are correct the goggles are french gendarmerie issue

?

Hi James, I really like the look of these models, M1 hybridised stylee!

I nearly picked one up myself before xmas but it was missing the front badge, and figured it would be hard to source a replacement so did not bother, thanks for showing these unique models here

thanks gary i wasn't to sure if you already had one in your collection ,i now feel i will struggle to find the frontal insignia i wonder why it was removed ,thanks for looking pal

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary i wasn't to sure if you already had one in your collection ,i now feel i will struggle to find the frontal insignia i wonder why it was removed ,thanks for looking pal
    Hi James, no sadly I do not own one though as previously discussed came close to sourcing one or two over the years, my guess as to why they seem to be missing the frontal badge...perhaps to de-militarise them ???

One of these models ended yesterday on ebay for a fairly reasonable price...I forgot to bid on it ,oh well next time!

thats a shame gary im sure another one will come along soon for you mate if you see a spare insignia give us a heads up please ,thanks james

Check out the local sites like Kapaza marktplaats or even koopjeskrant, if they do not ship WW let me know if I can be of any help!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by James C View Post
    sorry kris i missed your last post as i was typing ,many thanks for the superb referance pictures ,do you know the helmets correct model designation and also where i might pick up a spare frontal insignia if any available ,regards james
    Missed that message too, as it was on the bottom of the page.....! ;-)
    The name of the helmet is "Casque Gendarmerie belge de maintien de l'ordre" in French, meaning "order keeping helmet".....or "casque d'intervention de gendarmerie belge"....it has several other names!
    Here is one for sale; Casque d'intervention de gendarmerie belge - Coiffures et Casques (1115744)
    Here is a other site you should check in order to find those helmets; Leger, Oorlog & Marine - Overige Verzamelstukken | 2dehands.be
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2