Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

brit mk7 helmet cover's

Article about: Just to share these two multi terrain pattern cover's i have for the brit mk7 helmet ,my question is why the differance ,the one with the scrim is more like the older mk6 cover in style with

Default brit mk7 helmet cover's

Just to share these two multi terrain pattern cover's i have for the brit mk7 helmet ,my question is why the differance ,the one with the scrim is more like the older mk6 cover in style with horizontal and vertical foliage bands,the other has only two horizontal foliage bands and no reinforced ear section's yet both show mk7 label's brit mk7 helmet cover'sbrit mk7 helmet cover'sbrit mk7 helmet cover'sbrit mk7 helmet cover's

Good covers James! Really hoping to add a Mk7 to my collection sometime soon, they're pretty hard to come across over here. The one with the ISAF patch seems to be a newer variation of the helmet cover for a Mk7 based on my research.

Hi James its because the older cover is still used with the Mk6A helmet , you find the covers marked cover mk6 and mk 7 but both are used with the mk6a helmet , the other cover without the reinforced ear section is for the mk7 helmet ,it doesnt need the reinforced ear section as there is no mine visor in service with the mark 7 helmet , i hope that makes sense to you ? Another reason is that also when the mk7 came into service there wasnt a cover designed for it so it was issued with the first model cover which didnt fit very well

Thanks you poromies i added the ISAF patch purely for display ,what i find interesting is this latter cover with the two horizontal bands is more reminicent of the falklands era trials helmet cover ,Many thanks too kradman ,your comments make perfect sense ,i thought the scrimmed cover looked better suited to the mk6 helmet but the label through me off the scent ,your insight is an eyeopener and very interesting to read so thanks again
    cheers james