Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

british m76 parachutist helmet

Article about: good morning fellow lid collectors ,things have been very quite on the helmet front for a long time ,but this week picked up this composite para helmet ,i believe this style of helmet was fi

?

Hahaha bordem can be a terrible thing. Stick to trimming the hedges my friend. :P

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hahaha bordem can be a terrible thing. Stick to trimming the hedges my friend. :P

LOL, cheers Sean, initially I was quite pleased with my results , and by doing this I avoided cutting the lawn, but after I posted the photo's up I realised how atrocious it looks, I'm glad you get my satirical sense of humour too LOL

Your right boredom is a killer, but is was more enjoyable than digging out the mower

?

haha It was a solid effort, That brightened my day up! :P It does indeed beat getting the mower out any day of the week! Cheers! Sean.

well can i say im impressed with your handy work opex i like the thicker netting and strands of hessian look youve used ,it certainly breaks up the helmet profile ,im guessing its a mk6 or is it a para lid ,its hard to tell ,nice job pal

?

Quote by James C View Post
    well can i say im impressed with your handy work opex i like the thicker netting and strands of hessian look youve used ,it certainly breaks up the helmet profile ,im guessing its a mk6 or is it a para lid ,its hard to tell ,nice job pal

Hi James,thanks mate. As you have probably gathered I have a bit of an experimental day today, the netting is off a roll I bought from a gardening retailer, I bought it originally to grow my Runner Beans and Peas through it ( I am an avid organic veg grower as well as a Helmet collector !!!). The Hessian again I bought on a roll, from Lidl actually, it is used to lash young saplings to tree stakes.
    So by cobbling it all together I created what I can only describe as my " Franken-Net creation".

Actually semi-seriously the colouring would be ideal for Desert conditions, but I think I my Peas and Beans will benefit far more from the netting than this Helmet ever would, which is a Mk6.

Thanks for looking and admiring the results of a long boring day

?

I am quite surprised, I would have said it was all issue stuff of some kind or another, So more credit to you than my original mocking comment would suggest! I like the net, It reminds me of the ones the Germans issued in during the second world war. Is that a common product in garden centers? Ill be on the look out for the hessian next time I pass my local Lidl lol. Cheers! Sean.

snap opex i too am an avid gardener ,call me percy throwup its my next biggest hobby after collecting militaria,i would never of guessed all materials sourced from the garden center ,so well done on that score i would say im more into landscaping than growing though ,my two bunnies put paid to that and eat any plant i dont put out of harms way ,now your going to tell me the rubber tyre banding is from a wheelbarrow arent you keep up the great work ,james

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    I am quite surprised, I would have said it was all issue stuff of some kind or another, So more credit to you than my original mocking comment would suggest! I like the net, It reminds me of the ones the Germans issued in during the second world war. Is that a common product in garden centers? Ill be on the look out for the hessian next time I pass my local Lidl lol. Cheers! Sean.
    Thanks Sean, yes the netting I bought was a two by two metre size, some garden netting have very wide spacing ( think WW2 cargo net size as used on some M1's) the Hessian was literally a couple of pounds and is of equal quality if not better than the type sold by reinactor websites.

No worries regarding the mocking,I actually posted it up as a bit of a joke

?

Quote by James C View Post
    snap opex i too am an avid gardener ,call me percy throwup its my next biggest hobby after collecting militaria,i would never of guessed all materials sourced from the garden center ,so well done on that score i would say im more into landscaping than growing though ,my two bunnies put paid to that and eat any plant i dont put out of harms way ,now your going to tell me the rubber tyre banding is from a wheelbarrow arent you keep up the great work ,james
    Aha, then we have something else in common, I like to eat what I grow, but equally enjoy the odd bit of hardlandscaping

Anway back to militaria,the rubber band is a piece of NBC boot, I bought a load of these years ago from a local dealer, and then realised what they were made of, so bought some NBC boots and made some of my own. I did try using a wheelbarrow inner tube once ,but it is too small

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4