Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

british m76 parachutist helmet

Article about: good morning fellow lid collectors ,things have been very quite on the helmet front for a long time ,but this week picked up this composite para helmet ,i believe this style of helmet was fi

Default Re: british m76 parachutist helmet

Quote by Opex View Post
    Totally agree James there does appear to be need for a composite helmet section, I have a few nylon,and kevlar examples myself, which I have been reluctant to show in the world steel helmet section,so perhaps there is a need for a ......world composite helmet section!
    I'll third that motion

Well, I'm certainly in favour of a composites section, though I have to say that I have not so far met very many people whose primary helmet-collecting interest is compos. But those that exist are generally keen, that's true.

To encourage the others, there is Composite Helmets, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets International Guide

with some stuff on the 'Helmet, Parachutists, Lightweight' here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet

?

Hello James an exellent lid...The chinstrap is of a MK6 as the issued ones were fiddlely to undo when you are hot & bothered..which lead to that "I need to get this helmet off quick syndrome"..The issued chinstrap was 2 metal loops which you would thread the strap through..nice & secure but a nightmare to get off...as explained... Now the MK6 chinstrap is frowned on by the PJIs "Parachute Jump Instructors"...As it can come undone when jumping..& thats your lid gone!!! lol. But we are all big boys so the PJIs go back in their box & everybody is happy-ish lol...

Also an excellent collection you have there..keep up the great work.. Cheers Terry.

many thanks for the information regarding the chinstrap changeover terry it makes perfect sense ,she really does take pride and place in my collection display ,thanks again james

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Well, I'm certainly in favour of a composites section, though I have to say that I have not so far met very many people whose primary helmet-collecting interest is compos. But those that exist are generally keen, that's true.

To encourage the others, there is Composite Helmets, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets International Guide

with some stuff on the 'Helmet, Parachutists, Lightweight' here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet
    greg many thanks for the link to your superb website ,i found reading up on this particular para helmet in your british section very informative ,so thanks ,james

well greg my inquisitive mind got the better of me after reading your information on the site ,it is made by thetford moulded products of norfolk ,has a smooth finish and also has the bare liner bolts ,also it has a leather frontal sweatband of which ive heard only fitted to the earlier examples ,so it would appear to be made of grp hence its light weight here's some stripped back pics for your interest also as a welshman you might like the writing on the rear thanks again jamesbritish m76 parachutist helmet
    Last edited by James C; 05-24-2017 at 08:19 PM.

?

Good detailed shots James, which clearly show the bolt's etc.

Why has it got holes drilled into the sides behind the bolt's , a visor/riot shield ???????

?

I think it might be a visor??.. I was issued it a few years ago & have never removed the cover..I only used for x-amount of jumps...Then I was issued a newer lid which I used from there onwards & this was stored in the shed & loft.....Cheers Terry.

thank you terry on explaining the reasons for the holes

i wonder if having the riot shield fitted at some stage in its life it could of been used in northern ireland

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast