Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

british mk6 ddpm cover

Article about: here's a recent pickup for my gs mk6 a desert disruptive pattern material cover ,its pretty salty and has had an extra elasticated band sewn in ,i have a couple of these but in comparison th

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Attachment 695849

This is my Mk6, you can see the mines visor bracket on one side. The Temperate cover is over the top of the desert cover but you need a spanner to remove the brackets so you can remove/change the cover.
    hello bobby and thanks for showing your example i understand the amount of trouble it would be to strip it down to reveal the cover underneath ,i have another mk6 with the same visor mounts and believe mine was used in possibly iraq oif or afghanistan slightly off track but do you know if visors were a commonly found attachment to issued helmets ,many thanks also kradman and to hear of your time in service ,here's my example british mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm cover
    Regards James

Hi James the visor attachment is more a Royal Engineer thing and are still issued for Mine warfare training as i know the MK6 and MK6A are still issued for training with the Royal Engineers ,These would also be used by other units in the field for mine ,IED clearing but with the newer MK7 helmet in service the visors dont fit the MK7 helmets and i dont know of any replace as yet

?

british mk6 ddpm cover

Here is my RM photo. Looking closer the cover is actually the last type that has been sun bleached. It has the nylon label, white underside and black drawstring. The new example that came with the helmet is a darker colour. I will post photos later.

Also what would be the dates of the second type cover, would they have been used post 2007?

Oli

Quote by James C View Post
    hello bobby and thanks for showing your example i understand the amount of trouble it would be to strip it down to reveal the cover underneath ,i have another mk6 with the same visor mounts and believe mine was used in possibly iraq oif or afghanistan slightly off track but do you know if visors were a commonly found attachment to issued helmets ,many thanks also kradman and to hear of your time in service ,here's my example british mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm coverbritish mk6 ddpm cover
    My helmet is my current issue, I got the visor mounts for Iraq Op Telic 5 and 6 when I was on RAF EOD duties clearing mines and explosive ordnance. As far as I know the only RAF to get the visor mounts were EOD and RAF regiment for the riot visor. I still use the Mk6 and havnt been issued a Mk6a or 7. Going back to the elastic chin strap. We used to do that but now we use a number of split rings/ key rings on the buckle to extend the length. Problem is the chin pad ends up to one side.

?

Very interesting to know that the Mk.6 is still in service, or did I misunderstand that?

No mistake, There's quite a few of us who still use the mk6

that is very interesting and i too am surprised to hear that bobby ,i would of thought at best you would have been issued a mk6a by now ,this scrimmed example i show was issued to a soldier of the highland regiment ,thanks for your great input to this thread ,im sure a few more of us will be surprised to read your comments ,thanks again james
    Regards James

?

Here are two covers I have one is the second pattern circa pre2009, which is compared with the 3rd or last pattern circa 2009 onwards.
    Also attaahed is the new 3rd pattern cover showing its vibrant colour compared to the field used version I have on the Royal Marine helmet.

british mk6 ddpm cover

british mk6 ddpm cover

british mk6 ddpm cover

very nice oli and thanks for showing here the colour differance is very apparent i see you have a slight ocd for these covers as much as i do ,thanks again james
    Regards James

?

Thanks James. I only have a few though... By the way what does the yellow flash signify on one of your covers? (also I tried to pm you but it said your inbox was full).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast