Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Haha I was merely referring to a certain jeans advert!!! for their shrink to fit product!!! .....Honest!!!!
    Yes..was kinda thinking it would be like a tent on a small/medium lid!!!
    Now some one just needs to find a new old stock unissued one to show its original dimensions!!!....anyone!!????
    Hello Austro,
    my Remploy cover looks like it was never washed, in the next few days I try to apply it on two examples Mk6, medium and large, then I show the photos.

Regards

Thanks!!!... Roberto to the rescue!!
    I know for sure I'm not the only one that is really looking forward to seeing your findings!!..

Hello Guys,
    as promised I tested my cover multi-size "Remploy" on the following helmets:
    Lightweight para helmet, size M (on which it was found)
    Report: it is worn perfectly

GS Mk6, size M
    Report: it is worn with great difficulty and rests on the edge of the helmet rim, with serious possibility that with the movement to disengage.

GS Mk6, size L
    Report: in my opinion it is impossible to wear it, I tried many times but to no avail.

Indeed, the differences in size between these helmets are remarkable, even among the Para-M and the Mk6-L; if it were not written on the label "GS Mk6", I would think that it is a production dedicated to helmets from Paratrooper, in this case it could be used even on a size L, of course it was just a thought and I leave to you other considerations.

Regards
    Roberto

Tested helmets
    British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

1) Lightweight Para "Medium"

2) GS Mk6 "Medium"

3) GS Mk6 "Large"
    Last edited by OldSteel; 04-13-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: correct word

Hmmmmm most interesting finds!!!!! thanks for your thorough testing Roberto!!!! and superb pics!!... well it seems as though both yours and my "fits all" covers.... actually only fit small in the Mk6!!! so then.........as in your theory....... did they really mean to have been marked for "lightweight helmet para" instead of MK6 GS!!! as it looks very much to me ...as if it would fit a large "Para" lid as well!!! then the "one size" would be correct....

Hi all
    just another MK 6 DPM cover i picked up....it was fitted to a west German Helm Representation M1 shape parade liner..i bought it for the spare parts for my M56 zweiteiliage liners!!!
    the cover is a SL 31b by Supercraft Garments in outsize fitment!!.. i placed it on an East German M56 that i had to hand for another post!! it fits surprisingly well!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Last edited by austromunga; 04-30-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hello Guys,
    as promised I tested my cover multi-size "Remploy" on the following helmets:
    Lightweight para helmet, size M (on which it was found)
    Report: it is worn perfectly

GS Mk6, size M
    Report: it is worn with great difficulty and rests on the edge of the helmet rim, with serious possibility that with the movement to disengage.

GS Mk6, size L
    Report: in my opinion it is impossible to wear it, I tried many times but to no avail.

Indeed, the differences in size between these helmets are remarkable, even among the Para-M and the Mk6-L; if it were not written on the label "GS Mk6", I would think that it is a production dedicated to helmets from Paratrooper, in this case it could be used even on a size L, of course it was just a thought and I leave to you other considerations.

Regards
    Roberto

Tested helmets

1) Lightweight Para "Medium"

2) GS Mk6 "Medium"

3) GS Mk6 "Large"
    Excellent comparison line up Roberto ,thank you very much for your time and effort

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Hi all
    just another MK 6 DPM cover i picked up....it was fitted to a west German Helm Representation M1 shape parade liner..i bought it for the spare parts for my M56 zweiteiliage liners!!!
    the cover is a SL 31b by Supercraft Garments in outsize fitment!!.. i placed it on an East German M56 that i had to hand for another post!! it fits surprisingly well!!!!!!
    Nice cover Paul Thats the thing i like about you ..your willing to chop and change covers no matter what helmet lies beneath good stuff mate , Slightly off topic you could always fit your 2nd pattern Dutch cover on your mk6 as they were trialed with Royal Netherlands forces

Thanks James.....this is often how I pick up my next additions to the collection!!! With an incorrect description ..and or vague photos...it's part of the fun of buying from auction sites!!!.... trying to discover exactly what a piece's origins are!!!
    I may well try that cover on a MK6!!
    As it's still awaiting an appropriate helmet to fit it to!!
    😁😎

Hi all
    Here's an interesting MTP MK 6 Chinese made/coded cover I picked up at this years W&P show!!
    It was perched on the top a common or garden N.P. plastics Mk6 shell.....
    But luckily the seller agreed to sell me just the cover... it has been overdyed dark blue!!!!..i guess to make a very nice Night ops...or OPFOR cover!!...(apart from the elastic webbing didn't take!!)... were these actually used in the field??? I've seen the overdyed DDPM stuff in photos......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers   British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers  

Overdyed DDPM stuff was sometimes used for training , some clothing was dyed for troops playing the bad guys,Now days we use DPM for the Bad guys while the Good guys wear MTP

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast