Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

Article about: Guys, First of all, thank you for deciding to read this thread....I was gonna throw in an "SS" or "FJ" into the Thread name but thought better of it.... I'm starting this

I've been scanning the News, newspapers, recruiting teams etc....'not seeing any 7s out there now.......

'anyone?

A been-there pick-up from yesterdays Newark (UK) fair....it's soooooooo different....well, actually, the Mockingbird is threaded onto one of the foliage straps which has then been crudely re-attached....that's my justification anyway.

2011 dated, owners name'n'number, blah blah.......10/10 for strap-end taping.....5/10 for edge taping...should've taken more time

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

...interesting how glint squares react to a camera flash...perhaps there's a whole new Thread in there......"Glint Squares of the British Army"...I can see it now...well, I guess one would wouldn't they...after all, that's what they're there for right.......actually, what IS interesting is why didn't this guy wanna be seen from the left side???

...actually I reckon we could just keep re-posting the same pics of the same helmets here.....shall we close this thread and re-open it in 20 years time when all the newbies are joining/interested and someone gives a **** ? :-)

Here is a fitting procedure instruction poster for the Mk7 that I have
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

Had Three but now down to two examples of the Mk 7 ,the other did go to a good home though British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know
    Regards James

My only Mk7 thanks to James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

Looking good on display Ian
    Regards James

Three "been there" pick-ups from this years War & Peace Show

This ones still got a cloth cover on...but it's been trimmed, de-rimmed, taped, sprayed and netted (and un-netted)...great colours....

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

This one's been taped, masked and sprayed - the photo's don't do the workmanship justice...the rim piece is hangin' on in there....

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

'nothing overly special about this one other than it's a direct paint job...straight to shell. Not the most exciting of camos but direct paint jobs deserve a place too.

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

'hoping that these will kick-start further (post-summer) debate......

Would it be fair to say that the Mk7 is the second longest CONFLICT-worn Brit helmet, after the relinered Mk4 (Mk5? Mk4A?) ?

I think we’ve agreed (in another thread) that the design of the brow pad (stitching rows) changed from 1 central row to 5 rows. It’s starting to look like this change look place in 2010 as some single row and some 5 rows are dated that same year.

I’d rather this info form part of this thread. Sorry for any duplication.

Here's another nice been-there one......2009-dated so it has the early single-stitched brow pad. 'used in Afghan.

'tempted to start calling these the Mk7a due to the liner change..........but that might stick and in 20 years time someone will be looking through papers in Kew to find out where the "a" came from!

's'funny as my first post in this thread said that there doesn't seem to have been any in-service tweaks....no Mk7A......me and my big mouth!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast