Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

Article about: Guys, First of all, thank you for deciding to read this thread....I was gonna throw in an "SS" or "FJ" into the Thread name but thought better of it.... I'm starting this

...and just to be clear re what I'm talking about:-

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

Mk7A .................................................. ..............................................and Mk7B

(Greg's gonna hate me for that!)

An interesting development Ade regarding the Brow pads and as i have never given it much thought will look over my two examples in better detail
    Regards James

Turns out i do have the earlier and later brow pad variants ,the single stitch brow pad is on a 2009 Afghan war example the multi stitched mk7 unfortunately has no label present but at least i can deduct its post 2009 so good work Ade on filling in those missing pieces of information when you don't have much to go on British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know
    Regards James

Now this one has just about everything...if you overlook the removal of the "sniper tape" from the rim.

Speckled green camo'd shell with velcro strips applied to rear for NVG counter weight.....then hessian'd (also camo'd) and edged (once) with tape. The hessian, or is that "burlap"...has been glued on...not a crease in sight so possibly applied wet???

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

....but the inside's even better.......a lightweight Para liner set-up jammed/glued (?) into place with an additional donut pad (from what??) and hanging ring

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

Possibly someone with a fondness for "playing with his helmet"

Hessian v Burlap? The way I have always seen it is that to Brits it is Hessian cloth (yes there is a connection to the German state of Hesse) whilst in the US and I think Canada it is Burlap. Pretty sure it is exactly the same material.

Don't quote me but I think the extra ring pad is from the secondary packaging of a shell or other projectile (vague bell at back of my head). That helmet certainly qualifies for the adjective "Gucci" though it might not be seen as truly "Ally" by those troops known simply as "Bayonets"

I do like it though

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-16-2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

On the basis that the Virtus has been with us now for 5 (FIVE!) years one wonders how many of them have been gutted and re-linered....

...but that’s for the Virtus thread......

Wink

An in-country / self-camo'd 7A ("A" = single sewn line in brow pad as we all know...and not official....it's just in 30 years time when folk start to ask why are there 2 designations for the same helmet one won't need to trawl through official docs to find out why "A" or "B"...it started here! ;-) )...with LUCIE mount.....

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to knowBritish Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know

...actually I think I was at school with her.......

?

Nice example Adrian with a not often seen NVG platform I really like the camo on this Mk 7...

Regards Mark K

Hi Composite. This post about the different liner types in the Mk7 made think about the Mk6A I have that has been fitted with a Mk7 liner and chinstrap. I looked to see if it had the multiple stitch lines or the single one. The one I have has the multiple stitch lines and after looking at the helmet date on the tag it is from 2010. This ties in with the change of liner in 2010 as you state and is the difference between being a Mk7A or a Mk7B. I still wonder whether my helmet was made this way in the factory or a battlefield refit? I know Mark K has one of these Mk6As with the Mk7 liner and it would be interesting to see what liner type it has.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

Default Mk 7 helmet

Mk7 date on the Helmet tag is 2012
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know   British Mk7 helmet - everything you need to know  

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast