Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Parachute helmet

Article about: Morning everyone, I want to show you this helmet just arrived in my collection. For some time I was looking a British Para helmet complete by all original parts, in good condition, but howev

Default British Parachute helmet

Morning everyone,
    I want to show you this helmet just arrived in my collection.
    For some time I was looking a British Para helmet complete by all original parts, in good condition, but however enough used to tell its history, and this example it seemed that's right.
    It is year 2000 dated, medium size, version in ballistic material with rough green surface; probably NP manufacturer; the cover is a DPM Woodland covered by net, iconic presence for a Para helmet from every era!
    Everything is held in place by a black rubber band fixed with the usual light green tape; the cat eyes are also they those originals, indeed is visible the "ghost" track under it. It seemed an interesting example for me and every your opinion is welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Roberto

British Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmetBritish Parachute helmet

Very nice issued example Roberto showing just the right amount of wear in my opinion ,i like the additional section's of sniper tape on the rubber edging ,first ive seen of its use in this way ,i have a mk6 that has been taped but it cover's the circumferance of the shell edge instead of using the rubber banding ,well done on another fine addition to your british helmet collection

Quote by James C View Post
    Very nice issued example Roberto showing just the right amount of wear in my opinion ,i like the additional section's of sniper tape on the rubber edging ,first ive seen of its use in this way ,i have a mk6 that has been taped but it cover's the circumferance of the shell edge instead of using the rubber banding ,well done on another fine addition to your british helmet collection
    Thanks James,
    this example immediately it seemed very interesting to me, but it is the first of this model that I put in collection and not know them very well, this is why I am pleased to receive your positive comment.

regards
    Roberto

It's a pleasure to view the latest addition's to your collection Roberto ,you really do have an eye for nice example's ,and this is always reflected in what you post here ,my example's tend to lean towards the more salty than mint category perhaps in part down to my own personal budget ,keep up posting your latest find's ,the forum can be frustratingly slow at time's but we persevere ,my british lightweight para was gifted by a kind forum member ,the original strap assembly had been swapped out with a GS Mk6 apparently a common thing for the collector to encounter
    Kindest regards ,James

?

A very nice example indeed Roberto that no helmet collection would be complete with out you may find Greg's sight on British Composite Helmets both interesting and informative in your search for knowledge...Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet
    much Like yourself and James I like my examples to show some definite signs of usage age wear and patina and have always preferred my helmets this way compared to minty and un-issued...
    Here are a couple of images of my own example for comparison Thetford Moulded light weight Parachute helmet I do believe this example to be the early production model as it is sporting a smooth surface to the exterior of the helmet body ( which interestingly enough has been camo over painted with black splotches ) and has the earlier bare metal uncoated liner retention bolts and has been fitted with the second variation three point harness.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Parachute helmet   British Parachute helmet  

Thanks for your thought's Mark and good to see you here ,again your example is just as nice as the one Roberto posted ,i may as well throw in my slightly more salty example too if ok British Parachute helmet

Thanks Mark and James,
    I learned about the model Thetford Moulded light weight long ago, I think I remember that made their appearance at the time of the Falklands War, but I never happened to see a real example; thanks for showing your beautiful examples!
    Thanks Mark for the link, actually I had already read the excellent work done by Greg, as always very precise and detailed.
    I fully agree that the helmets with the right amount of use have more character compared to a mint example.

regards
    Roberto

Roberto - I am pleased that you find CompoSite useful. It encourages me to do some more work on it.

I hope you have also seen this thread on this forum - UK Helmet Parachute breakdown.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Roberto - I am pleased that you find CompoSite useful. It encourages me to do some more work on it.

I hope you have also seen this thread on this forum - UK Helmet Parachute breakdown.
    Yes Greg, I had seen this thread! it is very instructive; of course I encourage you to continue, partly because my knowledge of composite helmets is not very accurate, and thus I learn willingly new things.

Regards
    Roberto

Cracking Brit Para Ballistic Helmet Roberto...............,you own some really nice pieces of headgear.............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast