Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

British SF, CTT

Article about: Morning everyone, I found this British helmet for Special Troops, a predecessor of Mk7 model, with which he has many common components, the shell seems to be the same, while the chinstrap is

Default British SF, CTT

Morning everyone,
    I found this British helmet for Special Troops, a predecessor of Mk7 model, with which he has many common components, the shell seems to be the same, while the chinstrap is of the three-point type.
    I think it is one of the first productions, in fact it was produced in the year 1999, and despite the many years and its operating life, it has been kept very well and is complete with every part of it, including the two labels that you normally are present on this model, one for the shell and one for liner.
    Painted in black, it has the inside of the shell with rough surface effect "thin sand" (type Mk7), while the outer surface has a thicker roughness, such as that of the Mk6 produced from the late 80's.

Thanks for looking!

Roberto

British SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTT
    British SF, CTTBritish SF, CTTBritish SF, CTT

A good looking helmet Roberto and a good find. It does look very similar to the Mk7.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A good looking helmet Roberto and a good find. It does look very similar to the Mk7.
    Thanks Jerry!
    what seemed interesting to me in this example is the production date "1999", I always thought that this model had come into production in the mid-2000s.

These are creeping onto the market now and I wonder if they are Police-used versions or simply been displaced by the new Virtus coming on line.

Roberto....where did you get the 1999 date from?

Quote by Composite View Post
    These are creeping onto the market now and I wonder if they are Police-used versions or simply been displaced by the new Virtus coming on line.

Roberto....where did you get the 1999 date from?

Ade, the date is on the sticker!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, the liner and shell label are dated "year 1999".

Ooops....sorry....meant 2000....