Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

Article about: Very nice Chris it looks to be in decent condition A quick question concerning your Cad Pat cover is it 1 or 2 generation as the 1 generation covers are hard to come by and collectible in th

?

Thanx for the many replies gents perhaps it is time for a little update to the thread this particular example is sporting a first pattern Canadian Arid Region digital camouflage pattern, or CADPAT (AR) cover the pattern was first Introduced in 2002,and has been employed by Canadian Forces serving in Afghanistan and other desert/arid regions around the globe...

Take not that the helmet has as well been fitted with two elasticated helmet bands the smaller/narrower of the two being a general issue item with cats eye luminescent strips sewn at the rear..
    The wider band shown from my understanding were only issued out in the theatre of operations in Afghanistan and are fitted with sewn on Infrared markers and are extremely hard to source in the civilian marketplace all examples I have seen and or come across were direct Canadian soldier bring backs from overseas service..
    I can find very little relevant technical data on the helmet Night Vision Mounting system other than it was produced to be used specifically with the Canadian CG634 helmet system although unconfirmed I suspect they are manufactured by ( Cadex )
    The mount consists of a green powder coated titanium bracket that hooks over the front of the helmet body there is a nylon strap that loops through the mount and connects to a large ring which is usually on the top of the helmet and two more straps secure the mount to the back this particular mount is compatible with AN/PVS-7 and AN/PVS-14 night vision systems..

The Dual Spectrum Tag-V/IR xs with External Switching mounted to the back of the helmet is an interesting bit of kit in its own right it is a rugged infra red beacon intended for marking personal and or equipment in short and or intermediate range operations .
    Unlike visible light markers that use an IR filter, there can be no accidental exposure of visible light, The IR source is solely invisible no covers to damage and or remove,
    -Identical functions and control to TAG-IRs with external on/off and signalling
    -Selectable IR or high intensity visible white
    -Dual mode flashing/steady
    -Field selectable flash rates
    -On/Off switch with trip activation built in comes complete with ( 10 meters of trip line and trip plug ) which can be seen in the images below..

And lastly The H-4855 Personal Role Radio (PRR) developed by Selex Communications in the United Kingdom in 1999 and was introduced for world-wide military use in 2002.
    The radio is used by Special Forces (SF), reconnaissance squads and infantry sections for direct tactical soldier-to-soldier communication.
    Although the radios are not protected by means of voice encryption, they are classed as LPI (Low Probability of Intercept) and LPD (Lower Probability of Detection) devices. In the US, the H-4855 PRR is known as AN/PRC-343 2 and as Integrated Intra-Squad Radio (IISR).
    The radio operates in the 2.4 GHz band and uses spread spectrum technology. It weights 1.5 kg and is powered by two 1.5V AA-size penlight batteries, allowing 20 hours of continuous use.
    Being a low-power device it has a range of just 500 metres, but works well through the thick walls of a building. The PRR is used by all British Forces,Canadian Armed Forces and some US forces and even by UN peace keeping forces. The device is typically issued to every member of an eight-person infantry section. A separate wireless Push-To-Talk (PTT) unit with a 2m range is available as an option.
    The PRR is extremely easy to operate. Once the headset is connected, it is switched ON by setting the volume dial to the first (non-zero) setting. The radio responds by sounding 3 short beeps through the headset. When the radio is turned OFF, it produces 5 longer beeps in the headset.

The volume can be controlled in 5 steps. Each step produces an acoustic feedback (beep) via the headset. The radio has 256 channels, 16 of which can be selected directly via the channel selector (next to the volume control). Selecting a channel also produces an acoustic feedback. The transmitter is activated with the Push-To-Talk switch (PTT) at the right side. Alternatively, the transmitter can be operated by means of an optional remote control unit with a range of 2m.
    A simple lightweight headset is supplied with every PRR. It has a very short cable and connects directly to the headset socket on the PRR.

The headset consists of a single earpiece with an adjustable gooseneck noise-cancelling microphone mounted at the bottom. Elastic straps are used to fixate the headset on the operator's head. At the end of the short cable is a black LEMO connector that mates with the headset socket on the PRR.

Regards Mark

Superb Mark!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Cheers Ralph I can find the helmets still for sale on occasion but it is the little things that are hard to source that still keep me interested in collecting

Regards Mark

?

My other Canadian army issued CG634 helmet sized mediumCanadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar HelmetCanadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar HelmetCanadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar HelmetCanadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet
    The helmet seems to be in near perfect condition. Helmet cover has no sign of wear or tear spots. helmet liner looks unused and has no darking on sweat band. Velcro it perfect. The only mark is the word tweed written in felt marker.
    Must have been issued to a clerk.
    Last picture is both the CG634 helmets together. One on right is large and on the left side is the medium size one.
    I hope you enjoy the pictures.

?

Cool

Hi everyone, this is my example.
    It's in quite good lightly issued condition.
    I'm not sure what generation the cover is, so any expert advice is appreciated.
    Is it me or is this the most awkward cover to fit!
    Sorry about the quality of the photos and for not taking one of the shell, but I was terrified of trying to get the cover back on !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

...one of my fave scrims....now, how many of you can say that? :-)

'standard Canuck net-with-tabs....and loads of T-Shirt "tubes" attached......

...and yes...they DID do that......

?

It is very easy to remove and replace. Just make sure the sewing line in the centre of the cover is lined up with the front bolt on the helmet, insert the front plastic rim between the helmet and helmet headliner. Then take the front plastic helmet liner tabs and place it before the front of helmet chin strap between the helmet and helmet liner and the second helmet cover plastic tab behind the chin strap. Do these same on the other side of the helm cover and then pull the back part of helmet cover over the back part of the helmet and you are done. Takes less time than reading this. I hope this helps you.

?

One that has not been covered in this discussion as of yet is the hard to source Cadpat winter/arctic helmet cover,
    Winter Operations (WO), created for winter and Arctic use which replaced the previous solid winter white fatigues and helmet covers this new variation improved soldiers’ day and night concealment with technology that reduces detection by night vision devices.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

Stunning

?

Cheers Adrian Picked me up some new/used goggles a few months ago as well to be used with the CG634 they are manufactured for the Canadian armed forces exclusively by Revisions I should really drag them out for some pics...
    Here is one of the sellers images for just a little teaser .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5