Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Casque Mle 1950 TAP

Article about: Really pleased to add this 1950 period 1st model 202 airborne training helmet ,the brushed camo pattern really was what caught my eye and makes me think otherwise to its use just as only a t

Just looking at mine in closer detail Mark i can see a visible stitch band in the same area as yours but it would appear to be under an extra strip section of canvas

?

As these helmets were in production for a few years the differance on the central stitching could be easily explained just by a slight modification in design also noted are the air vents which are pressed in the rear of the helmet body they sit lower nearer the rim on my example and the grommets are not set as deep on mine and are nearly sitting flush, the grommets on your example also are notably larger in size...

Regards Mark

Thank you Mark for the explanation and for pointing out the other minor differences between our examples ,I must do more research on this model ,nice that we both have an example in a our collections and thanks for commenting ,much appreciated

A small update to the thread ,Added another 1st version 202 Gueneau with Parachutist Commando Hand writing And a Richard Pontvert Variation Casque Mle 1950 TAPCasque Mle 1950 TAPCasque Mle 1950 TAP
    Regards James

Very nice additions to your collection James. I don't know how you manage to fit everything into that small attic, is it some kind of Tardis?

Thank you Steve for the kind words my only hope is that my 13 year old Daughter might move out one day and i can fill up her vacant room ,other than that i might have to leave them outdoors as pond decoration
    Regards James

Watch out for seagull shit if you take the second option...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2