Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Cobra" on ebay

Article about: Well, it wasn't there for long. Only the 3rd "Virtus" Ive seen for sale although one of those was overseas...and it LOOKS like it went for just £100 having started at 99p although

Default "Cobra" on ebay

Well, it wasn't there for long. Only the 3rd "Virtus" Ive seen for sale although one of those was overseas...and it LOOKS like it went for just £100 having started at 99p although that may not be the whole story. 'spect Mr Plod will be watching as they're claimed to have done when the Mk7 started to leak.......

'interesting times....

Most likely the MOD Police were the highest bidder and offer to collect the item to save on shipping

2nd one went today for £160...... these can't be selling for such low figures......can they????

Quote by Composite View Post
    2nd one went today for £160...... these can't be selling for such low figures......can they????
    Well, maybe the wealthy early-adopters are after the 'complete set' rather than just the basic helmet. Or maybe they don't even know what they're looking at yet. It isn't entirely obvious that the Batleskin Cobra and the Virtus are apparently one and the same thing (not helped by most photos of the Virtus showing something covered with camo, NVG, torch, batteries, mess-kit and a hammock.) Then again maybe people don't have the money to spend - I *almost* bid on that last one and then the Electricity Bill arrived and self-preservation triumphed over acquisitiveness.

3-4 more recently....£500-£650 a piece...and they APPEAR to be selling....but are they?

Has anyone here got one via Ebay yet?...has anyone tried/failed.......??

Mk7 prices are falling and with the obvious release of Mk6 / 6As (they're EVERYWHERE now) one wonders how long it'll be before there's bin fulls of them at this years Shows.......

On a similar topic, the once hyper-rare NP-made CTT (Mk 7...in black) [ Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet ] are now everywhere too...but strangely they seem to be holding their prices....Police clear-out perhaps???

Well, its going to be a Lottery win before I start paying anything over £200 for a helmet , and that doesn't happen too often either, I can tell you (I can count the times). And anyway I don't like these new helmets much anyway (not a trace of sour grapes, not so much a spoonful...). So no vertus (Batlskin, Cobra, whatever they really are) for me, probably ever.

But you're certainly right about the Mk7 price crash - used to be the case that anything under a hundred pounds was cheap - and in recent days I've seen them on Ebay for BIN at almost half that.

The sudden flood of CTT is odd and noticeable; I'm sure you're right that its some kind of police stock clearout as all of them have that look. But as long as there are people hypmnotised by the 'special forces' mystique they will keep their present high prices. Special Forces, para, 'Them', - always a big attraction. Can't entirely understand it myself.

I would sooner wait a few years down the line and then maybe add a genuine issued and salty example than the box fresh ones we see at the moment which do not really appeal to me anyway but that is just my own preferance ,for now i will be patient

Me too...but I want one now too! ;-)

I've seen some in the flesh and they certainly look a step-up from the 7......

How long will it be before a descision is made that the next conflict might just not require a yellow helmet......there's not much sand in Estonia......