Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Corean made Made M-76

Article about: Examples of these are very hard to source in this part of the world so I was quite pleased when a friend and fellow collector from Uruguay offered me one up this Corean made M-76 in a helmet

?

Default Corean made Made M-76

Examples of these are very hard to source in this part of the world so I was quite pleased when a friend and fellow collector from Uruguay offered me this Corean made M-76 in a helmet trade these were first introduced and adopted by the Uruguayan military in the early 1990's and are produced from Corlon a light ballistic fibre
    I have been told they should more likely be considered semi ballistic in nature .
    They weigh in at approx 900 grams and one size fits all the suspension is a copy of the last model M-1 liners that were used by the ROU from the early 1990's and can easily be taken out for the purpose of replacement and or repair.. The camo cover is quiet unique and is sporting the army inventory service number the material used for the cover although close is not the same pattern as used in the production of the camouflage uniforms used by the ROU.... These helmets were also adopted and used by the Chilean army and the Iraqi army...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Corean made Made M-76   Corean made Made M-76  

Corean made Made M-76   Corean made Made M-76  

Last edited by Mark K; 03-31-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Default ROK Ranger training

I think the South Koreans still use these? here are some Korean soldiers during Ranger training wearing these helmets.

other countries I have seen using this model besides Iraq , Uruguayan, Chilean , Peru, Egypt , Iran , Lebanon, African countries, and probably others.

most of mine came out of Iraq and the Hwy of Death between Kuwait and Iraq

The Highway of Death refers to a six-lane highway between Kuwait and Iraq, officially known as Highway 80. It runs from Kuwait City to the border town of Safwan in Iraq and then on to the Iraqi city of Basra.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Corean made Made M-76  

?

Hey BG many thanx for chimbing in they are an interesting helmet and it came to me as part of a helmet trade that included the Argentinian M 1 that I just acquired and I am still researching them and as stated were used by many Nation's from around the world..

Regards Mark

Default South Korean M76 export models

These South Korean made export helmets are interesting pieces to collect, they were pretty easy to get and didnt really cost much for a actual battle used helmet / combat trophy, most of the ones from the middle east are actual combat used or battle field pick ups.

here's a nice shot of a soldier in Beirut Lebanon wearing one of these in combat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Corean made Made M-76   Corean made Made M-76  

Great example mark with the cover to boot ,i like it although familiar with helmet shown i was unaware of its use with the Uruguayan army ,perhaps i had the blinker's on just purely thinking of the two part US m1 as part of there inventory so ive learned something new today , nice to hear of its earlier designation too ,more than the ubiquitous m80 moniker so wrongly used to cover a broad range of SK corlon helmet's ,your connection did you proud
    thanks for showing
    james